Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong money w/o the Supercharger?

'Looks like this fella finally sold...for $16,000! Woo-hoo:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Not only is it missing the supercharger, it is missing all of the supercharger parts, the mount, the air box, the pulleys, everything. It may not even have the original engine. If it is the original engine without the supercharger, it would be pretty low compression. Sure looks good though!

Comment

Notice the dash board in it also. I bid on it twice but didn't make the reserve.
      Klif
      55 Speedster/Street Machine
      63 Avanti R2
      64 Convertible R1

Comment

He should of sold it in one of his earlier auctions a few years ago. They ended a little higher. It would be nice to see the new owner update the interior to the correct cloth on the seats and doors, along with the correct carpet and dash. Still a very presentable car.

Comment

This big time, commercial car dealer needs to employ a proofreader. On quick read of one paragraph; "ive, grill, chrom, handels, packard, clipper, apointments, wheel cover's, ..challenge your to find...".
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

An excellent suggestion........why not broach the subject with him????
            Originally posted by studegary View Post
            This big time, commercial car dealer needs to employ a proofreader. On quick read of one paragraph; "ive, grill, chrom, handels, packard, clipper, apointments, wheel cover's, ..challenge your to find...".

Comment

Originally posted by whacker View Post
              If it is the original engine without the supercharger, it would be pretty low compression. Sure looks good though!
              The shop manual says there is no difference between the supercharged engine and the 289 non supercharged engine. It is only on Avanti that there are differences.

Comment

Well, it is a very pretty and solid looking car, and yes ,he should have accepted earlier auctions higher dollars. Interior still is a lot more presentable, especially the dash, than a majority of 57-58 Packards, even if quite wrong

Wildly incorrect for a 57 as noted by the experts, BUT if you wanted a 58 Packard sedan that wasn't quite so...well, difficult...to really love, then a 57 with an ordinary President engine a la 1958 is quite a nice compromise. I like 58 Packards and Studebakers in a way that confirms that they are much much much nicer than 59 (or 60) Chevrolets for example, but I really like the 57 looks much better.

Comment

Anyone spot the supercharger-related part still on that engine?

Comment

The tan-colored part of the dash was hideous. Surely, it looked better from the factory. I thought the rest of it looked pretty good. Since I am not familiar with how the original interior is supposed to look, it looked original enough to fool me.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      Anyone spot the supercharger-related part still on that engine?
                      'Can't see the fuel pump and it's difficult to see the front crankshaft pulley arrangement, but probably the front crankshaft pulley for the supercharger belt. People rarely take them off when they neuter a car like that. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Fan Spacer for blower belt clearance--GH item

Comment

Working...
                        X