PDA

View Full Version : Something new "hillholder device".

2moredoors
01-07-2012, 01:13 PM
My cousin who lives in Britain and visits me often just purchased a new Ford Focus Titanium from his dealer in his home town in England. When he took delivery the salesperson was anxious to show him the "latest" option offered on this car, "HILLHOLDER"! He explained how the car equipped with a manual transmission will not roll back on steep hills after applying the brake and then the clutch, as with the clutch depressed the car will hold itself on a steep upward grade. When my cousin explained that he had worked on a '55 Studebaker with "hillholder" the salesman was quite surprised as he thought it was something quite new to the industry. "Nope been around since the 1930's" my cousin replied.

Lark8girl
01-07-2012, 03:40 PM
The new Chevrolet Sonic has the hill holder feature, so I went out in my 1937 Hudson Eight to familairize myself with using hill holder. Its a neat feature.

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Aussie Hawk
01-07-2012, 05:16 PM
About 1987 I purchased a new Nissan Bluebird, the sales guy was singing the praises of the engine having twin spark plugs per cylinder, a revolutionay break through !!!! I burst his bubble telling him the 1912 Le Buire had the same. As the old saying goes, 'There's nothing new under the sun'.