PDA

View Full Version : Eye Candy for 1/6/12: Future S-P Candy

Steve T
01-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Four beauties-in-waiting seen here; it's an interesting progression...left to right we have a Studebaker-engined Studebaker (62 GT Hawk), a Studebaker-engined Packard (57 Clipper), a Packard-engined Studebaker (56 Golden Hawk), and a Packard-engined Packard! The GH has moved on to a new owner; initially intended as parts for the new owner's own GH project, it will instead give up a few parts then be offered as a project car in its own right...

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll260/StudeSteve/Some%20Other%20Studebakers/Visit%20to%20a%20Studebaker-Packard%20collection/100_6552.jpg

S.

showbizkid
01-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Is this Photoshopped, or is the Packard really that much larger than the other cars?

Steve T
01-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Clark--

I noticed that effect too...the Packard is significantly bulkier than any of the Stude-bodied cars, yes; however most of the effect in the pic itself is down to the little digicam's lens being wide-angle at minimum zoom, which was what I needed to use to get all four cars in shot, and the Packard, being at the edge of the pic and slightly more side-on than the others, got exaggerated in apparent size.

Same collector also had a 61 Lark, 56 Packard and 58 Stude hardtop on site at the time. Neat place. The 56 Packard left the day I took this pic, and as stated above the 56 GH has also moved on.

S.