PDA

View Full Version : Standing Offer

Roscomacaw
01-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Helping Kelly out with parts to put his truck back in action just seems like the right thing to do. Yesterday - when I was looking around in the shop for a cam - I had to be careful as to where I stepped. I've got boxes and trays and scatterings of Stude parts in two shops, the garage and a parts pile. Alot of it's saleable, but alot of it isn't worth the time to market it. Besides, I'm not a verndor - only a custodian of stuff that would otherwise have been recycled into a toaster or Toyota years ago.
Not being a total patsy, there's things I'd like to get a few bucks for. But by the same token - I've got "stuff" here that I'd be tickled to contribute to either revive or maintain a Studebaker.
I'll resist handing over anything of obviously high value without some recompense - Gravel guards for Starlight coupes - Speedster hood ornaments - R3/4 fitments and the like. But bolts, bits and other things - try me. I have alot of that cra..... er, stuff lyin' around. You may just land it for nothing more than shipping costs. IF you feel compelled to be gernerous, I'll not put up a fuss. Just don't be silly about it. Besides, we'll just consider the karma wheel factor might steer me to a winning lottery ticket - or failing that, kind thoughts of me when I'm gone. (and no, I don't see my demise on the horizon).
BTW, I really don't have any R3 parts, or ANY Hi-po stuff layin' around. But head bolts, rods, this, that and the other - I just might. Don't hurt to ask. And if I don't have it, I may not remember to tell you so, so don't feel slighted if that's the case.
While we have a pretty good network of parts vendors to draw from, I've got CASO genes like so many of you have. So I'm here to help soothe your pangs - within reason.

FlatheadGeo
01-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Very nice offer!

Bob Andrews
01-05-2012, 04:24 PM
That's a wonderful offer. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!

ST2DE5
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM
If you have a gas door hinge for a 56 Commander I would proud to compensate you for it. Mine is broke. I think the hinge fits a lot of cars. No big hurry.

starliner62
01-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Will you use fruit for packing material??????

clonelark
01-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm looking for a tail light that has the Studebaker Stop on it, may be earlier than the parts you have.

cultural infidel
01-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Would you have any pictures to give us an idea of what you may have?

kmac530
01-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Would you have any pictures to give us an idea of what you may have?

They dont make cameras that can take it all in.

Roscomacaw
01-05-2012, 06:57 PM
LOL! Kelly summed it up to a T. My inventory system is the "I'll see if I can find one". Of course, with engine and trans bits, there's a fair chance. And I wouldn't send off anything I didn't think was/is worth the postage. No one wants a piece of garbage just to say they got one. I don't have any full-flo blocks to spare - no R2 heads - no 4-spd trannies or Powershifts - just mundane stuff. But price a head bolt or one of those double-ended bolts like I sent that young fella with the 53 Land Cruiser. You might come out ahead with what I'm offering.

I'll check on that gas door hinge. I think I might know where one is lying.

As to the fruit packing, I'm really disgusted today. I picked a bunch of navels to juice and found they're freeze damaged. In years past, I've taken what I thought were rather futile measures to prevent this. This year - even tho I knew the 27-ish predawn temps were in the offing - I didn't take those preventative measures. I figured the fruiits were sugared up enough to be amply anti-freez'd. I was wrong :-( One thing about them getting damaged is that you really can't tell til about a week AFTER they've been stung.
You guys that opted in on my earlier fruitr offer - you got some that were picked JUST before the damage was done.

dnevin
01-05-2012, 08:24 PM
That's an incredible offer. I just sent you a PM for a couple of little things I'm looking for. Thanks.

StudeDave57
01-05-2012, 08:53 PM
If you have a gas door hinge for a 56 Commander I would proud to compensate you for it.

I'll check on that gas door hinge. I think I might know where one is lying.
Keep me in the loop on this one-- if Bob hasn't got one, I DO!!!
I have access to a '57 Packard, and several other parts cars...

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w143/StudeDave/for%20the%20net/IMG01003-20100524-1649.jpg

just sayin'

Ooops- the '54 Land Cruiser isn't a parts car, sorry.

TX Rebel
01-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Hey Bob, how about a 47-52 Champion air filter brace? Or those stainless gravel guards? Also need heater cables for 47-9 and a '50 heater switch. I need a p/s pitman arm for a GT Hawk..I think I already asked about 53-55 fog light guts. I just can't believe it's been 8 years since I was there! BH

Roscomacaw
01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Barry, I do think I have that brace. Of course, it might have been on the complete engine I gave a guy for an M-series he was reviving. I'll look tomorrow.

BruceT
01-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Studedave..any M5 parts hiding in that yard?

ST2DE5
01-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the help on the hinge. The wire broke and I tried to replace the wire but my fingers just don't work like they use to. I guess it's old author settin in.

Anne F. Goodman
01-05-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm looking for parts for Gus need Front Shackels for a 58 transtar 3/4 ton and the rear of the front springs if that makes any sense to you. Me I haven't seen what David means so I can only use his words. Let me know. Thank you

hi-peral
01-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Bob...Would ya have any Conestoga bits. Mostly lookin for some window bits.

Roscomacaw
01-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Anne, sure wish I'd known 'bout those 3/4ton truck needs before I sent that 3/4ton truck frame to the scrapper. I did give you the steering sector out of that thing. I didn't save much else from that truck. It was hotter'n Hades the day we cut up that chassis and by afternoon I was too tired to care as much as I might have on a cooler day!

StudeDave57
01-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Studedave..any M5 parts hiding in that yard?
Nope- no chance of that, sorry.

Thanks for the help on the hinge. The wire broke and I tried to replace the wire but my fingers just don't work like they use to. I guess it's old author settin in.
No worries- you helped me with that 'Parkview' emblem not that long ago,
and Bob helped Dad out with his... :)

StudeDave '57 :cool:

TX Rebel
01-06-2012, 07:30 PM
I just found a NOS "Parkview" script this afternoon, if anyone needs one..

StudeDave57
01-06-2012, 08:11 PM
I just found a NOS "Parkview" script this afternoon, if anyone needs one..
I know a guy who does-- check your mailbox for info...

Roscomacaw
01-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Barry - is the tail of the "w" up or down? Sumpthin' Rich taught me to look for. They's different for different years.

StudeDave57
01-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Barry - is the tail of the "w" up or down? Sumpthin' Rich taught me to look for. They's different for different years.

Gee- I wonder where Dad could'a learned something like that...? :confused:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?45833-Emblem-Problem

It's true- I taught him that!!! :D ;)

silverhawk
01-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Do you have any decent door panels for early '50s 4 door sedans? (Pre '53) (Worth a try anyways... ;) )

Don Jeffers
01-06-2012, 09:23 PM
I am piecing together a '62 full flow 289 block to bring back to life. I don't know how it got separated from its parts. It needs:

1. Pushrods, rocker arm assemblies and correct valve covers.

2. Front water manifold, water pump and pulley.

How did the alternator mount on this engine? Did it have separate brackets?

Thanks to all,

jallen
01-07-2012, 01:04 AM
What is the engine going into? I think you will be looking for a GENERATOR bracket, PM me if you still need the valve train parts.

jallen
01-07-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm looking for some heater parts for a Champ if you have any, Thanks.

Roscomacaw
01-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Champ as in truck - or Champ as in Champion? Either way, what year - what parts???

jallen
01-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Champ as in truck, I have the control cables, need just about everything else for '62 - '63. Thank you

cultural infidel
01-09-2012, 02:07 PM
would you happen to have any wind deflectors for a wagon? :)

studeski
01-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Hey Bob, how about a 47-52 Champion air filter brace? Or those stainless gravel guards? Also need heater cables for 47-9 and a '50 heater switch. I need a p/s pitman arm for a GT Hawk..I think I already asked about 53-55 fog light guts. I just can't believe it's been 8 years since I was there! BH

Barry, I should have the brace and heater switch.

Claude

starliner62
01-09-2012, 03:16 PM
V-8 front covers and hubs. I have almost run out of covers.

I should probably add to this thread with a little more explaination. I convert front covers and hubs to later seals. The last batch of covers I got had been thrown away, so I retreived them. Since then, I have converted and shipped out around fifteen of them. I only charge the price of the sleeve and seal, no labor. I have asked for the old hubs and cover in exchange for the upgraded stuff and to date, have only received one.
It was not my intention to take advantage of Bob's generous offer, even though it may well sound like I am. Request respectfully withdrawn.

oilnsteel
01-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Do you have a 515986 Bezel with good chrome? This is for a R series truck with type B instruments.

Thanks,
Jim

silverhawk
01-10-2012, 10:55 PM

Now, this brings a question to my mind. Are we speaking of those ones that go up by the front wing windows? And if so, do they ACTUALLY cut down the wind noise? (If so, I'm ordering some soon.... And yes, my seals are good and there is no wierd edges...)

01-11-2012, 07:57 AM
If you are talking about to clear the tail gate window,I put some aftermarket deflectors on my Wagonaire when it was new- total waste of time. Not only did they not help clear the back glass, but I had to drill holes in the sheet metal to mount them and they were sharp edged enough to cut you if you weren't careful when washing the car.

nullset
01-12-2012, 01:52 PM
I could use a set of head bolts for a 49 champion. And….well, let's face it, anything that could fit on a 49 champion I'd probably find useful, but those are an immediate need.

StudeRich
01-12-2012, 02:20 PM
I see some of these requests for roscomacaw to give you cheap or free parts require way to many back and forth posts due to lack of detailed Vehicle and Part info, a part Number and or better description would sure be simplier for all. Just sayin. :(

studeclunker
01-13-2012, 11:43 PM
I'm in need of exhaust manifolds for a '56 Parkview Commander. That's a 259 motor. Also, I'd like to convert her over to a 4bbl carb and my 2bbl mount bracket for the air cleaner won't work. Do you have the 4bbl air cleaner bracket around anywhere? None of this needs to be picture-perfect, just functional. My old girl's no show car. http://serve.mysmiley.net/winking/winking0071.gif (http://www.blueislandsdiving.com)

Where are you located? I'm in No. Cal. thirty miles west of Redding. So, likely no shipping needed.

Thanks in advance!http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0203.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-ashamed-smileys.php)

cultural infidel
03-13-2012, 02:07 PM
I was wondering if you happened to have any parts for a 65 Commander... Hood Ornament & Trunk Lock?

Roscomacaw
03-13-2012, 02:37 PM
I may have a hood ornament. I'll look.

cultural infidel
03-13-2012, 03:02 PM
I may have a hood ornament. I'll look.

Thanks! This is my current one:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/edward4dhands/Commander%20and%20Garage/IMG_0060.jpg

03-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Thanks! This is my current one:

Looks like one I knocked off years ago sweeping the snow off the hood.

Roscomacaw
03-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Don Jeffers, I can help you out with a WP manifold - maybe pushrods too - if you haven't already found some. I found the sedan gas lid hinge as well - and the Champion air cleaner bracket. It might take me a bit to find that hood ornament - or find out if I even have one.

StudeRich
03-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Keep in mind that your '64 Hood Ornament BASE is much higher quality and totally original Factory Installed, before the brushed chrome on the raised surface was replaced by the original Studebaker Corp. SASCO with a full chromed design, and the sharpness of the Stude. letters on the mold have seriously deterioated over the years since the 1970's.
Of course on the ringed "S", the screws have been replaced with studs on the newer ones, but the "S" does remove.

So it MAY be possible to replace the "S" with the newer type, depending on it's age.

cultural infidel
03-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Keep in mind that your '64 Hood Ornament BASE is much higher quality and totally original Factory Installed, before the brushed chrome on the raised surface was replaced by the original Studebaker Corp. SASCO with a full chromed design, and the sharpness of the Stude. letters on the mold have seriously deterioated over the years since the 1970's.
Of course on the ringed "S", the screws have been replaced with studs on the newer ones, but the "S" does remove.

So it MAY be possible to replace the "S" with the newer type, depending on it's age.

I guess I will have to take a better look to see what I have.

Roscomacaw
03-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Here's an ornament that was broken just the same as yours is. Only, this one - I had the ringed S to work with. I J-B welded it back in place and it came out pretty decent.Chrome is damn nice for being 48 years old! :cool: The ring-S leans just a tad to the left, but you really have to look at it dead on to note that. As long as no one tries to use it as a handle, it should hold up a long time. That is, if you're interested.

Roscomacaw
03-15-2012, 09:03 AM
IF cultural infidel's not interested in this ornament, is anyone else? T'would make a nice "driver" piece. Any interest in the Zip Van shop manual? Warren? It's an original I got from an ex-dealer's shop.

cultural infidel
03-15-2012, 09:26 AM
I am interested. Sorry, I guess I scrolled right over the post last night. How much would you like for it?

Roscomacaw
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Five bucks (for postage) would see it delivered to your door.

cultural infidel
03-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Five bucks (for postage) would see it delivered to your door.

You should have a pm!

Roscomacaw
03-15-2012, 11:23 AM
OK - both the emblem and the shop manual are spoken for. Lemmee see what else I can dig up.....

cultural infidel
03-20-2012, 10:46 AM
OK - both the emblem and the shop manual are spoken for. Lemmee see what else I can dig up.....

Got the emblem! I dont think my wife was as excited as I was. Hope your envelope arrived as well

Roscomacaw
03-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Got it. Glad you were excited. I thought it looked pretty good for one that had been mistreated.

kmac530
03-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Many have been taking Bob up on his kind offers. Others have chimmed in with offers of their own. GREAT thread.
It truely shows the good spirit and commoradery here.
I know there are a number of folks on the site that make their living, or at least offset part of it by SELLING Stude parts, I hope these offers of freebies or cheapies does not offend you all. So far I have found you parts sellers to be quite good and helpful as well. I am sure you all will appreciate the spirit these offers have behind them...a love for Studes, and a genuine desire to help the hobby.

On the offering note, I still have a few freebies here if someone wants, or needs any.
I still have a few cars worth of those brake shoe retainer clips, the ones you crimp on to hold the shoes on. Free to good home.
I also still have a mostly complete 1952 232 Cammander V8 that I believe to be in running condition. I have used a number of the outter pieces off of it, like FP/oil filler tube, oil pan, some bracketry....
But the block, heads, crank, pistons, rods, rockers, cam, pushrods, lifters, OP, and a few other bits are still there and seem to be in good useable shape....free to good home
I also have a V8 6V generator that I think is useable, and I am sure is a good rebuilder and the bracket to mount it to the passenger side exhaust manifold, not the adjuster bracket tho I used that. Make me an offer on the gennie, sine I had to pay a core on the new Alternator I bought and would like to at least cover that.

Let me know, I just thought I would jump in and pay back Bobs generosity to me with an offer to others.

studeclunker
03-20-2012, 01:53 PM
If you have a gas door hinge for a 56 Commander I would proud to compensate you for it. Mine is broke. I think the hinge fits a lot of cars. No big hurry.

I have a complete assembly if you're still interested. Went out to check today and sprayed it with liquid Wrench and the door works perfectly. It has both springs and the hinge is intact. However one of the POs wasn't so patient with it and just wrenched it up, bending the hinge. Could be straightened, that would be up to you, if you want it. You'll have to pay postage though.

ST2DE5
03-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Bob is sending me one thanks any way.

MRHawkes
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
You have made a generous offer that I can not ignore. Would you happen to have a pair of trunk hinges for a 59 Silver Hawk? Please note, a left and right side would be more preferable than two lefts or two rights, at least this is what my Dad would have told me. He was a real joker.
Thanks.

Roscomacaw
03-20-2012, 10:22 PM
I think I do have a pair. Let me look into that tomorrow.

Roscomacaw
03-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Found a pair of Hawk hinges! PMing you.

MRHawkes
03-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Hot diggity, PM replied to.

Roscomacaw
03-29-2012, 09:20 PM
I've located a Dana 44 with 3.73 gears. Wasn't someone in California looking for one of these?

speycaster
03-29-2012, 09:24 PM
i sure would love to buy a studerbaker wall clock if you have one thanks ed koorana@comcast.net

55coupe
03-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Hi Roscomacaw is that Dana 44 a TT? I would be interested if it was.

MRHawkes
04-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Bob, thank you for sending the hinges for my Silver Hawk. They have been waiting for me at the post office all week. They will look great with a little cleaning up, and a quick lick of paint. I look forward to installing them. Please see your PM mailbox.

starliner62
04-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Ok Rocso ol buddy, ol pal.:cool: Since you know some things about sedans and such, I am looking for the reach rod for a Saginaw powered sedan. Got one of those laying around??

Roscomacaw
04-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Jamie, I do have one here. Sadly, it's been destined for a project of mine for some time. I bought a complete PS setup and Fact. A/C from a fella parting out a '57 Clipper some years ago. That said, I MAY have an extra that I'm just not aware of. What I can do is measure the one known one I have and see if I happen to have another one like it here.

cultural infidel
04-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Ok Rocso ol buddy, ol pal.:cool: Since you know some things about sedans and such, I am looking for the reach rod for a Saginaw powered sedan. Got one of those laying around??

there was someone here a while back that was going to part out a clipper I believe.... I'll search and get back to you if Bob cant locate one for ya

Orestudeguy
04-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi Bob,

Was wondering if you had the heater blower motor assembly (all I have is a large hole in the firewall now)(i have nothing, it's all gone) that belongs to a 1951 Champion Starlight Coupe.
If you do, please PM me.
The peron I bought the car from was going to make it a street rod and threw the heater stuff away. I managed to save the rest of the car, as his neighbors were complaining about the "eyesore"