HELP!!! Restoring 60 Lark convert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! Restoring 60 Lark convert

Hello I've had a 60 lark convertible with the 259 v-8 in my garage for years and I need to get rid of it or restored. It wasn't run for a couple of years and I got it running but as I drove it to get gas in it I turned back because I forgot my wallet and because I didn't put the air cleaner on a fire had started and was fueled by the grease in the engine bay. The fire was put out before it left the engine bay but all the wiring is gone and I took off the heads and water got into the cylinders and did what water does. I'm looking for someone who will restore in the south metro area of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. I'm also looking for imput about the car. The engine isn't original so numbers matching isn't a big deal. I want like a chevy 350 or a ford 289 but I don't know. I want a resto-mod look with nice wheels but I'm open to anything. Please Help

Tim,
    Welcome!

If you want to keep it and restore it, keeping it Stude 259 will be easiest, cheapest and happiest you. Those engines are a dime a dozen. GMC V-8 is doable with some modifications; Ford 289 is absolutely the last thing anyone should attempt in a Stude unless they want the scars to prove it can be done.

Keeping it or selling it? What's your plan?

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I would like to keep it because nobody around here has one and its just a cool car.

Comment

Working...
      X