Almost Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Home

Wayne's been driving it around for a few days now and it runs great. He buttoned it up today and was going to give it back to me when the check engine light came back on. The diagnostic computer is locked up so I will have to wait until tomorrow to get it back.

It looks great and runs strong. I have taken it out for a spin myself and it drives strong and smooth.

I can't wait to get it home and give it a bath....

Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

lookin' good!!!
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Looking VERY good! What have you done as far as a front suspension? I have said this before, but I'll say it again -- that color looks great on that truck.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

That is really going to be a sweet ride. Now you need to talk to Pat about a pair of those "Studebaker" valve covers.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
          Looking VERY good! What have you done as far as a front suspension? I have said this before, but I'll say it again -- that color looks great on that truck.
          Fatman - there's a pretty good picture of it in the "I Drove It" thread and in some of the older threads I posted pictures of it without the front shhet metal. It handles great. I drove it pretty hard on some back roads and it stuck to the road quite nicely.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I like sleepers.
            Klif
            55 Speedster/Street Machine
            63 Avanti R2
            64 Convertible R1

Comment

Once again Jon, I state, "you are THE man". That is a slick install and a great looking and I am sure a great driving ride.

PLEASE post some pics of his first road test and your impressions of the cost/labor over performance ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                Once again Jon, I state, "you are THE man". That is a slick install and a great looking and I am sure a great driving ride.

PLEASE post some pics of his first road test and your impressions of the cost/labor over performance ratio.
                Cost/labor - high... Performance level - also high.... I would say that's an equals in my book. You can't worry about cost when you are making COOL!!!
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Hi Jon
                  I am envious, as even though we had one of the warmest and greenest Xmas weeks ever. We are still confined to the shop for the winter.
                  No car washing or driving until Spring.
                  Good Roads
                  Briani
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                    Cost/labor - high... Performance level - also high.... I would say that's an equals in my book. You can't worry about cost when you are making COOL!!!
                    That is a given for sure. I think I meant, would you do it again knowing what you now know?
                    It sounds as though you would.

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                      That is a given for sure. I think I meant, would you do it again knowing what you now know?
                      It sounds as though you would.
                      Actually, I'm done now - that's why I didn't mind spending the money. I was only going to do one and I did two. I still have to work my retirement job a few more years to pay for this extravagence.

Another math formula for you: retirement boredom + Studebaker addiction + lack of extra cash + good credit = retirement job
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I knew there would be a formula I could understand in there...lol

Comment

Working...
                        X