Studebaker dealership work bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker dealership work bench

This item has a really cool look, and there is a link to more pictures. Located in Marion , In.

Husband of Lark VIII girl

These were made by Lincoln for use in service depts for all brands. We had one at Brewbaker Buick, when I worked there in 1959. Of course, it had a Buick logo where this one has Studebaker. I would love this in my garage.

Comment

That looks for all the world to be the "workbench" used by Snider Studebaker's #1 Tune-Up man, Bill Mitchell:

The above Business Card is Bill's from 1963, still in my file! Bill went to an Indianapolis Buick dealership when Snider closed and retired many years ago from that Buick store.

Bill is still living in the same house in Speedway IN, about a half-mile from the Indianapolis 500-Mile Race Track, as when he worked at Snider. We see him occasionally at local Indy Chapter SDC meetings.

Bill "Slim" Mitchell is a great guy who put in many hours in front of the subject work benches...and was Snider's "go-to" man for R-engine repair and tuning.

(And when was the last time you saw a technician's residence phone number on his business card?) BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

OH! What a beautiful piece! I'd love to have that for my dream shop! But I picture it a few years on when my heirs are liquidating said shop by auction and somebody buying it for $100 or something, or worse, nobody bids and the scrapyard gets it Such is the life of the lone Stude lover in the area...

So that makes a price that seems unrealistic already impossible to consider. Oh well. It'll look good in Palma's pole barn
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

One of those was sold at Hershey this past October. It looks like the one that Bob Munter sold. It seemed to be in good condition and was made by Lincoln.
          Last edited by 2moredoors; 12-26-2011, 02:14 PM.
          sigpic
          55 President Deluxe
          64 Commander
          66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Hmmmmm : Something looks familiar here ................

Comment

Working...
            X