Auto Rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Rotisserie

Anyone have a used auto rotisserie for sale or rent. Looking in Northern Ca. Any suggestions? I am getting the etch. I have many projects but want to start on the Bus. Coupe.

Roy, any interest in building your own? I have excellent plans for a real quality one, and it's not all that expensive. Includes the entire steel and cut list with all the sizes and specs, and step-by-step instructions. If interested I'll post the link. Wouldn't be till later though.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I went on line and found a "Roto-2000" advertised. Bought it and with shipping to Canada I was into it for about $1600. Sure made floor and hog trough replacement easier. Good luck.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Roy: I built mine from two engine stands. Cut the engine stands and slipped the the upper and lower parts into a rectangle tube with a spacer bar to make a tight fit. Drilled holes to adjust the height. Made arms and supports out of square tube. Worked great on my 34 Plymouth 2 Door sedan. Cost me less than $300 two years ago. Questions give me a call. Have not used the 51 fender or windshield I got from you yet. Perry Jones 505-281-1177.

Comment

Perry, 1951 front fenders are too hard to find and expensive. I hope all is well. And yes I will give you a call on how to make my own

Comment

"I have excellent plans for a real quality one, and it's not all that expensive. Includes the entire steel and cut list with all the sizes and specs, and step-by-step instructions. If interested I'll post the link. Wouldn't be till later though. "

Ya, post it, you never know who will be interested

I also knew a guy who made one from a used boat trailer
            1947 M5 under restoration
            a bunch of non-Stude stuff

Comment

Bob, Go ahead and post it.

Comment

Sorry, just got in from making "rawther merry" Here you go. Enjoy!

Be sure to read all the pages as he works out a few flaws. Great work by Matt!
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Last edited by Rocket442; 04-03-2013, 06:54 AM.
                  USASTUDE

Comment

njonkman@xcelco.on.ca
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	rot.-33.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1679685

Name:	jessie & rotisory.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	1679686

Name:	rotiserie.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1679687

Comment

njonkman, you never told us" how talented'' a metal fabricator you are. Thanks for sharing your rotis with us, have been looking to build one but needed some info like yours..will keep you in the loop..

Comment

Hey Rocket, I downloaded your site and plans from Redwing, and this is excellent. Thanks, I will building this this spring, I'll will let you know how it comes out, and will post some pictures..

Comment

I finally broke down and purchased one.

Comment

royvaldez,since you broke down and "bought a rotis" can I borrow it now??

Comment

Originally posted by royvaldez View Post
                              I finally broke down and purchased one.
                              Roy

You won't be sorry, Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X