X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 Bullet Needed

Help!
    I need a 51 Bullet.
    Have not been able to find the right one on eBay.
    Does anyone have a good one that you might consider parting with???
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Do you need just the center plastic part, or the whole chrome ring? SI has the plastic part.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Brian how about a whole parts car, maybe one is in there somewhere? Check it out @ http://www.iowahawkeyechapter.com/
      Tom
      sigpic

Comment

Ted Harbit has one, but it's...uh....little scratched up. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Ted Harbit has one, but it's...uh....little scratched up. BP
          I'd pay good money for Ted's '51 bullet, but I don't think he'd sell it.

Comment

Try this one:?

Lots of Forum members in that area.
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              I'll check with Ted and see where it actually is, Matthew. I believe his daughter Missy has it in her "Dad" display room. Update 12/25/2011: Confirmed: Yes, it is.

'Happy to say I was entrusted with the speedometer from The Chicken Hawk when it was dismantled. Ted assured me it's the same one that was there when he bought the car in 1961:

Last edited by BobPalma; 12-25-2011, 07:06 PM.
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I've got a chunk of a Fenton aluminum wheel that was on the front of the car. I'm still kicking myself for not having Ted autograph it. I'll have to drag it to South Bend next year to amend that. It hangs proudly over my workbench that I restore stainless on.

I wonder how many of those 95K miles were put on there, one 1/4 mile at a time?
                Last edited by mbstude; 12-23-2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I wonder how many of those 95K miles were put on there, one 1/4 mile at a time?
                  Impossible to know, Matthew. The speedometer was disconnected as soon as he started running a variety of automatic transmissions in it. BP

Comment

I THINK I have all the pieces of one - including a new plastic center. PM me if interested.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have the original pieces from mine-pitted and crappy. Free for the postage.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Brian, Good luck. I have a 1950 Startlight Champion and Commander for sale. They need restoration. Roy

Comment

'Just confirmed with Ted this evening, Matthew: His daughter Missy is in possession (in perpetuity) of The Chicken Hawk's bullet nose.

It's not going anywhere! BP

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                            'Just confirmed with Ted this evening, Matthew: His daughter Missy is in possession (in perpetuity) of The Chicken Hawk's bullet nose.

It's not going anywhere! BP

Who could argue with that? <G>
                            sigpic
                            Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                            X