Headliner/windlace question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Headliner/windlace question

I'm going to tackle the headliner in Christine soon. Which came first, the windlace or the headliner?
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Windlace; toothed headliner retainers above doors screw over top of windlace before headliner install.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

On Ray-Lin's Technical Pages, they have articles on both windlace and headliner installations.
      This website is for sale! raylinrestoration.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, raylinrestoration.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
      '53 Commander
      Art Morrison chassis
      LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

I used ray-lin's tips when installing the headliner and windlace in my Packard hawk. It came out perfect. I had two helpers with me.
        Larry Y
        North Wales, PA

Comment

Thanks...
          Headliner in my Champ is at the point of hanging while I contemplate how to stretch it front to back.... Put the windshield in last week and it isn't coming out for the headliner! Back is a bit more tricky.... Think I'll use 18 ga upholstry cord spaced 6 to 8 inches apart on the back to stretch it and attach the front firm. ...

Comment

Think the headliner goes in before the glass...
            '53 Commander
            Art Morrison chassis
            LS6 ASA/4L60E

Comment

Yep, the headliner goes in before the glass. I was so happy to get the glass in before winter and snow hit last week that it isn't coming out now that I'm smarter thanks to the Lin Restoration link. I'll figure a way around this little sequence problem !

Comment

It's all done with mirrors and lights. jimmijim. If that don't work try ray-linn
                Originally posted by mmagic View Post
                Yep, the headliner goes in before the glass. I was so happy to get the glass in before winter and snow hit last week that it isn't coming out now that I'm smarter thanks to the Lin Restoration link. I'll figure a way around this little sequence problem !
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                X