Want to buy 51 Land Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy 51 Land Cruiser

I am looking for a 51 Land Cruiser to buy. I want a solid car needing no or minimal rust repair. Not looking for a show car but a driver or one that needs little to be a driver. I am in SC. Anyone have or know of one? Thanks, Steve
    sigpic

Steve, I can understand why you're looking for a 51 LC as a driver. I love mine! I drove it for about 3 years prior to taking the panels apart for rust repair. I am nearing completion of the basic bodywork and new paint should be sometime this spring. Good luck with your quest.

Jim
    \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
    Jim Mann
    Victoria, B.C.
    Canada

Comment

Steve,
      I think John Clary also has a 51 LC. He is in your neck of the woods and is on the forum as jclary. Try sending him a PM through the forum to see if he is interested in selling.

Jim
      \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
      Jim Mann
      Victoria, B.C.
      Canada

Comment

This one was on E-Bay and discussed here not too long ago. Other forum members knew about the car, and thought it was a decent car. 'Might want to do some research on it.

(Although it is not identified as a Land Cruiser, I believe folks here said it was, and it does say Land Cruiser trim in the written description.) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Here is one I posted a link to a while back. Not sure if you saw it or not. I know it is on the wrong coast. but it does appear to be a solid and may not take much to get it going. I can also put you in touch with the previous owner.

Pat
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMann View Post
            Steve,
            I think John Clary also has a 51 LC. He is in your neck of the woods and is on the forum as jclary. Try sending him a PM through the forum to see if he is interested in selling.

Jim

Thanks, I would love to have Johns car but he didnt seem interested in selling his outright the last time I asked him about it. Maybe he will feel generous in the spirit of the season but I dont expect it. Thanks, Steve
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              This one was on E-Bay and discussed here not too long ago. Other forum members knew about the car, and thought it was a decent car. 'Might want to do some research on it.

(Although it is not identified as a Land Cruiser, I believe folks here said it was, and it does say Land Cruiser trim in the written description.) BP

I like this car if it is as solid as it appears. It is on the opposite coast from me which is overcomable.... but not at an $8K starting point. Thanks, Steve
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                Here is one I posted a link to a while back. Not sure if you saw it or not. I know it is on the wrong coast. but it does appear to be a solid and may not take much to get it going. I can also put you in touch with the previous owner.

Pat

I just put together that this is the same car from Bobs post. From 2K to 4K to 8K for the same car. I better buy one FAST!! I will reread the posts in your link and might give them a call. Thanks, Steve
                sigpic

Comment

just bumping this. Steve
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                    Thanks, I would love to have Johns car but he didnt seem interested in selling his outright the last time I asked him about it. Maybe he will feel generous in the spirit of the season but I dont expect it. Thanks, Steve
                    I came in and saw your post. I have a short video of the Studebakers with my G scale train coming out of the building, but I can't figure out how to post a video. Still pics will have to do.

Merry Christmas!

Click image for larger version

Name:	VID00502.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	1671510

The Land cruiser and I actually went shopping for a couple of last minute gifts today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	VID00501.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1671511
                    Last edited by jclary; 12-24-2011, 05:56 PM.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

There is a decent, running builder here in TX for under $3K

Comment

Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
                        There is a decent, running builder here in TX for under $3K

Thanks Barry, I am looking at a more local one in the morning. If it doesnt pan out I would be interested in more info. Thanks, Steve
                        sigpic

Comment

Still looking. Barry, do you have more info on the one in Tx? Thanks, Steve
                          sigpic

Comment

What's the story on the "local" one you were going to look at?
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                              What's the story on the "local" one you were going to look at?

John, It is local in comparison to Texas. It is on CL and is just north of Atlanta. I shot a few pics I will e-mail you if I can get my home computer fixed. I wont knock the old car too hard. Its all there and relatively solid even. Car has sat since 66 and shows it. Engine appeared stuck, even the water pump was stuck. Paint was gone, chrome was mostly savable but not really usable as-is. Interior was there but toasted. The car was really basic (trim code W-1) but had V-8/Od. I want to say it was also TT but I hedge a bit before saying that. Basically it is there but every single piece will need attention/replacement. It is definately a serious project but it is a solid starting point. There is suppossed to be another engine in another location that goes with the car and it is reasonably priced to the right buyer. The second one is in Hendersonville and is a sedan, not a Landcruiser. It has no engine (I think G designates a 6 originally), it was represented as no trans but there is a 3 speed trans and bell in the car (maybe bad). No interior except the dash stuff, mucho missing trim, no fuel tank, weak floors, etc.. At $1500 asking I wasnt interested enough to make an offer. Call me if you want more info and I will be happy to help you. Steve
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X