original Lark Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original Lark Diesel

I got a call from the owner of a diesel Lark. He says it is an original survivor car maintained in excellent condition. He says it is a hardtop, and wants to know value because he is looking to sell. I told him that it is a very rare unique car but would not be likely to sell for a super high price, probably about like a (more desirable) 289-4spd. would sell in similar cond & body style. Condition is always the most important factor, of course. He needs to find a new owner who appreciates the ultra-rare, super economical car and likes diesels. It may pop up on ebay soon.

Is it Torrey Kirby's? I've always wanted that car!

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Now is your opportunity. Give him a call at 304-229-5740 and buy it. No shipping involved. Can be driven to NY, just bring your dealer plates. You do have dealer plates don't you???

Comment

Originally posted by 31Streetrod View Post
        Now is your opportunity. Give him a call at 304-229-5740 and buy it. No shipping involved. Can be driven to NY, just bring your dealer plates. You do have dealer plates don't you???
        Of course, I have dealer plates. Most licensed dealers do. So then you're in charge of the sale?
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Nosireebob, I'm not in charge of any sale. Just trying to help a fellow forum member fulfill your life's dream of at least buying one of the many hundreds of Studebakers that you want to buy.

Comment

Is this the same vehicle? This is from Gettysburg PA Atlantic Zone meet this last summer.

Last edited by 62champ; 12-16-2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

62Champ- that's not it. Torrey's is a 4-door.

We still don't know if it's Torrey's or someone else's that's for sale.
              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                62Champ- that's not it. Torrey's is a 4-door.
                The two door pictured is Torrey Kirby's car.

Comment

Bob A, you are very much mistaken. Torrey Kirby's diesel Lark is a 2 DOOR.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    The two door pictured is Torrey Kirby's car.
                    OK thanks, I was remembering it wrong. Thought sure it was a 4-door. It has amber backup lenses or something as well, right?

Still not sure if Barry is talking about Torrey's or a different one. I'm sure he will clarify when he gets back on.
                    Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Well if the owner who told TX Rebel about the car is correct, IT IS A HARDTOP, so none of you are even close to I.D.ing this one.

I was not aware of ANY '63 Daytona Hardtops with Diesels.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

OK, so what diesel motor does it have? Was it a special motor designed by Studebaker or was it an "off the shelf" motor made for passenger cars in general? I know Studebaker had some ties with Mercedes in the 60s, was it one of theirs?

Comment

Perkins diesel. Studebaker toyed with it some but didn't build many cars with diesels.

Somewhere there is a diesel Zip Van, I belive the only one made. Would love to have that baby!
                          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I'm sure this can easily be cleared up with the serial numbers of this vehicle. Those who seem to have instant access to such things will be able to state : yes, this is/is not a factory diesel and any potential sale can then be undertaken in full knowledge of the facts.

With no disrespect intended to Barry, perhaps details can be provided when posting, it's too easy for someone to say "I have an X" without providing the proof which will no doubt be forthcoming now so this car can be sold.
                            John Clements
                            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                              Is this the same vehicle? This is from Gettysburg PA Atlantic Zone meet this last summer.
                              I don't mean to change the subject, but do you or anyone else have additional photos of that white 1963 Daytona convertible? Thanks
                              sigpic
                              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
                              X