Lots of questions, but......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of questions, but......

There seems to be a good number of questions being asked on this forum, for the 2012 international Meet in South Bend, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of organized responses! Is or are there any plans for a representative, from the Michiana Chapter, to be responsible for viewing this forum and respond to the postings as they come in. I'm certainly not trying to create an issue, but it makes sense to me, that if you are sponsoring an International Meet and there is a forum on the the official Studebaker Drivers Club forum, strictly for about said meet, someone should be viewing/answering these questions, officially, with the best knowledge, available at that moment, or at least post a response "that it has been viewed and will have a reply shortly." Or are these questions just going to "flap" in the wind........

It was just a thought and again I'm not trying to start an issue!

I've emailed several individuals about securing a 'Pre-Meet Book' for our collection, that several posts indicated they had. To date, I have had not a one response. I think Indiana is asleep. Don't expect to much assistance, or information. stupak

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
      I've emailed several individuals about securing a 'Pre-Meet Book' for our collection, that several posts indicated they had. To date, I have had not a one response. I think Indiana is asleep. Don't expect to much assistance, or information. stupak
      Sorry to hear about that!

The wife & I picked up a 'Pre-Meet Book' at our Chapter's November meeting. IF ...you would like it, you are very "Welcome" to it. Just PM me with your complete mailing address and I can get it in the mail to you Monday ...OK???
      Last edited by Welcome; 12-17-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        It was just a thought and again I'm not trying to start an issue!
        The way I see it- it is an issue, and something that ought to be addressed!!!

In this day and age- the internet is not to be ignored.
        Especially when SDC pays for a great website like this one.
        Take advantage of it~ make the show bigger then it's been.
        But you must spend some time here to do so...

The same can be said for Zone Meets.
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

In this case it is not just on the forum that we see a lack of response. I cannot get responses to emails either. I did send some earlier, but yesterday I sent one to Tom Curtis, the meet Chairperson, hopefully I will get some response before too long. I just do not understand why we cannot get responses to our questions here. I almost feel like somehow I am suposed to know everything about this meet simply because it is being held in South Bend. I hate to be negative and am trying not to be, but I am becoming somewhat disalutioned with the whole thing. Hopefully some postive stuff will come from Tom.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
            The way I see it- it is an issue, and something that ought to be addressed!!!

In this day and age- the internet is not to be ignored.
            Especially when SDC pays for a great website like this one.
            Take advantage of it~ make the show bigger then it's been.
            But you must spend some time here to do so...
            The same can be said for Zone Meets.
            Just a thought …NOT making excuses for anyone!!!

The 2012 SDC International Meet is Co-hosted by the Studebaker National Museum and the Michiana Chapter. For general questions about South Bend; it’s past, present or future, hotels, facilities, etc. you may get a more prompt response by contacting the Studebaker National Museum direct through their new & excellent website here: http://studebakermuseum.org/

email ‘em, phone ‘em, Fax ‘em, catch ‘em on Facebook or twit ‘em on Twitter. They are open 7 days a week, 360 days a year.

They have an excellent full-time staff. The SNM staff has direct connections with their counter-parts in the St. Joseph County Visitors & Convention Bureau, the South Bend Chamber of Commerce, the Center of History, etc., etc.

Please remember, the Studebaker National Museum was the "HOST" of the 2007 SDC International Meet in South Bend. They may actually have more and up to date data than the Michiana Chapter who last hosted an IM nearly a decade ago and now largely have a "green crew" as far as IM hosting goes.

Again, just a thought …NOT making excuses for anyone!!!
            Last edited by Welcome; 12-17-2011, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
              Just a thought …NOT making excuses for anyone!!!

The 2012 SDC International Meet is Co-hosted by the Studebaker National Museum and the Michiana Chapter. For general questions about South Bend; it’s past, present or future, hotels, facilities, etc. you may get a more prompt response by contacting the Studebaker National Museum direct through their new & excellent website here: http://studebakermuseum.org/

email ‘em, phone ‘em, Fax ‘em, catch ‘em on Facebook or twit ‘em on Twitter. They are open 7 days a week, 360 days a year.

They have an excellent full-time staff. The SNM staff has direct connections with their counter-parts in the St. Joseph County Visitors & Convention Bureau, the South Bend Chamber of Commerce, the Center of History, etc., etc.

Please remember, the Studebaker National Museum was the "HOST" of the 2007 SDC International Meet in South Bend. They may actually have more and up to date data than the Michiana Chapter who last hosted an IM nearly a decade ago and now largely have a "green crew" as far as IM hosting goes.

Again, just a thought …NOT making excuses for anyone!!!
              Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind if I don't get a response anytime soon. It does seem strange that if the SNM is the host they have not frequented this forum.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser

Comment

'WELCOME' - Thank you very much for your offer and response. See PM's sent. stupak

Comment

They are open 7 days a week, 360 days a year.
                  Well then~ that right there is what makes the problem 10X worse!!!

If they have a full time staff, and are sooo connected-
                  they ought to be able to provide next day answers.

In my opinion.

StudeDave '57
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I agree.
                    The Forum seems to be a natural for communicating information.
                    Maybe there are no members of the SDC Forum on the organizing committee???
                    But someone should be appointed!
                    Now!
                    Good Roads
                    Brian
                    PS
                    Is the New President of the SDC not a Forum member either?????
                    Brian Woods
                    woodysrods@shaw.ca
                    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Good Morning, (at least in the US and Canada)
                      Apparently, in regards to Brian's question, if Mr. Curtis is a member of the forum? Unless he is hiding under a "non de plume"......guess not! Since I do not know him, I guess he is also the director of the Crossroads Region, for the SDC, the current President of the Michiana Chapter, of the SDC, and Chairman of the 2012 SDC meet in South Bend, along with several co-chairmen, which is why there is this forum! If we're all just paying attention to the International Meet's web page, there is no reason to suggest that we should be calling the museum, with questions. The only contacts listed are simply those listed under the contact page: Mr Curtis, Mr. Henning, Mr. Lepay, all 3 for the SDC, Mr.Starkey and Mr. Patton for the AOAI and Karen Dyer for camping and vending, plus 2 others......there is nothing directed toward the museum, itself! I can only think, as 1 suggested in a "PM": that if the Michiana chapter is hosting the event, with the museum, then people will come, making their pilgrimage, to the home of Studebaker, this summer, regardless! I agree with StudeDave57.....there is no excuse for not using the internet and this forum, in this day and age! I guess we got use to Mimi, during her term, coming on board from time to time, to address concerns or to put some "fires" out! We can only hope that someone, in the "Upper Cheese" department, will whisper into the others ears about this forum and its capability to get people informed, before not too much longer!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        Good Morning, (at least in the US and Canada)
                        Apparently, in regards to Brian's question, if Mr. Curtis is a member of the forum? Unless he is hiding under a "non de plume"......guess not! Since I do not know him, I guess he is also the director of the Crossroads Region, for the SDC, the current President of the Michiana Chapter, of the SDC, and Chairman of the 2012 SDC meet in South Bend, along with several co-chairmen, which is why there is this forum! If we're all just paying attention to the International Meet's web page, there is no reason to suggest that we should be calling the museum, with questions. The only contacts listed are simply those listed under the contact page: Mr Curtis, Mr. Henning, Mr. Lepay, all 3 for the SDC, Mr.Starkey and Mr. Patton for the AOAI and Karen Dyer for camping and vending, plus 2 others......there is nothing directed toward the museum, itself! I can only think, as 1 suggested in a "PM": that if the Michiana chapter is hosting the event, with the museum, then people will come, making their pilgrimage, to the home of Studebaker, this summer, regardless! I agree with StudeDave57.....there is no excuse for not using the internet and this forum, in this day and age! I guess we got use to Mimi, during her term, coming on board from time to time, to address concerns or to put some "fires" out! We can only hope that someone, in the "Upper Cheese" department, will whisper into the others ears about this forum and its capability to get people informed, before not too much longer!
                        Glen, please be absolutely assured the SDC President and all his "Upper Cheese" (now that's cute) have secret SDC Forums they use to do their business and talk about all of us. Fortunately or unfortunately all of us cannot access their SDC Forums. FYI: Notice near the bottom left of the page that lists ALL the SDC Fourms and you will read this: Forum: SDC Internal Forums These forums are reserved for official SDC use. Now those would be the SDC Forums you & I have no access to.

Members of the Michiana Chapter got "updated" at their November Meeting and further so at their Chapter’s Christmas Party this month where new officers were voted in. Mr. Curtis is no longer our Chapter's President; Mr. Lepay has returned to take that position for 2012.

In the November issue of our Chapter’s fine "Home of Champions" newsletter the organizational chart of the entire "SDC International Meet Command & Control Structure" is presented. Didn’t see any assignments specifically for the SDC 2012 International Meet Forum ...or for TURNING WHEELS for that matter...BUT the Executive Director of the Studebaker National Museum is assigned to "Meet Publications, Advertisement & Publicity." Whether or not that includes this Forum, your guess is as good as mine.

BTW Glen, how far do you live from South Bend's "Sister City" in Poland? If you plan to come here for the IM perhaps something "official" could be done between those TWO Cities in commemoration of the 50th SDC Year.

Last edited by Welcome; 12-19-2011, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Glen, please be absolutely assured the SDC President and all his "Upper Cheese" (now that's cute) have secret SDC Forums they use to do their business and talk about all of us. Fortunately or unfortunately all of us cannot access their SDC Forums. FYI: Notice near the bottom left of the page that lists ALL the SDC Fourms and you will read this: Forum: SDC Internal Forums These forums are reserved for official SDC use. Now those would be the SDC Forums you & I have no access to.

Members of the Michiana Chapter got "updated" at their November Meeting and further so at their Chapter’s Christmas Party this month where new officers were voted in. Mr. Curtis is no longer our Chapter's President; Mr. Lepay has returned to take that position for 2012.

In the November issue of our Chapter’s fine "Home of Champions" newsletter the organizational chart of the entire "SDC International Meet Command & Control Structure" is presented. Didn’t see any assignments specifically for the SDC 2012 International Meet Forum ...or for TURNING WHEELS for that matter...BUT the Executive Director of the Studebaker National Museum is assigned to "Meet Publications, Advertisement & Publicity." Whether or not that includes this Forum, your guess is as good as mine.

BTW Glen, how far do you live from South Bend's "Sister City" in Poland? If you plan to come here for the IM perhaps something "official" could be done between those TWO Cities in commemoration of the 50th SDC Year.

http://www.southbendin.gov/doc/Mayor_Czestochowa.pdf
                          The problem is still that there is no communication so people can make plans. I imagine that it won't be long until the Host Hotel is full and many of the questions out there are for information concerning the Host Hotel. Plans for most of us need to be made VERY soon or not at all. What do whoever is in charge expect us to do?
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser

Comment

the SDC President and all his "Upper Cheese" (now that's cute) have secret SDC Forums they use to do their business and talk about all of us.
                            Ha! Where'd you get that? There's only one board not open to the public; it's for the editors of chapter newsletters to collaborate and is hosted as a courtesy. There are no "secret forums.".

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

showbizkid: Either you don't know the contents of the forum, or, you are hiding something. IF the only forum not available to all is the Editors forum, what is the "Forum: SDC Internal Forums - These forums are reserved for official SDC use"? Welcome was only informing us (the members of SDC) that there is a 'private' forum for SDC 'in the knowers' to use. That probably is necessary for officers to communicate business. But, then again, why not communicate so ALL members can see the operations of OUR club? Why attempt to hide it? stupak
                              Last edited by stupak; 12-20-2011, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X