1992 Packard Super Eight...Hmmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Packard Super Eight...Hmmm

I like to poke around for unusual Studebaker related stuff, but occasionally I run across other things the group might be interested in seeing. Here is a custom (cadillac based, I think) 1992 Packard. It was created by Bayliff Coachworks. I kind of like it. They did a good job with the design and trim. The tail-lights are horrible, though.

"Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Interesting. Looks more like a Lincoln platform to me, though.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Interesting. Looks more like a Lincoln platform to me, though.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
      '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

My guess is going to be the Mercury Grand Marquis (sp?) - that is just from the door handles.

1960 Lark VI - 1962 7E7-122

Comment

My guess is going to be the Mercury Grand Marquis (sp?) - that is just from the door handles.

1960 Lark VI - 1962 7E7-122

Comment

It was probably put together by these folk:
            You are cordially invited to discover Packard Motors and find the automobile and timepiece that suits your personality. Scrupulous standards control our specifications, treating of fine materials and superb craftsmanship. Experience brilliant performance, majestic beauty, and distinguished American-made quality.

and as you can see, on the "home page" that
            the company is for sale.....

1964 Daytona
            glen Brose
            Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

It was probably put together by these folk:
              You are cordially invited to discover Packard Motors and find the automobile and timepiece that suits your personality. Scrupulous standards control our specifications, treating of fine materials and superb craftsmanship. Experience brilliant performance, majestic beauty, and distinguished American-made quality.

and as you can see, on the "home page" that
              the company is for sale.....

1964 Daytona
              glen Brose
              Tumbleweed Flats, AZ

Comment

Wasn't this the "New Packard Company" that was to be lead by Tom Gale right after he left Chyrsler?

Chris Pile
                The Studebaker Special
                Midway Chapter SDC
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Wasn't this the "New Packard Company" that was to be lead by Tom Gale right after he left Chyrsler?

Chris Pile
                  The Studebaker Special
                  Midway Chapter SDC
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The hood needs to be longer...it's out of proportion with the passenger compartment.

Overall, it's worse than those tacky "Neo-classsics" where they datke a drivetrain, stretch it and make it look like a pimp's idea of a 30s Duesenberg or Mercedes...(lots of sidepipes, huge headlights, exterior horns, wire wheels, vynal roofs).

63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

The hood needs to be longer...it's out of proportion with the passenger compartment.

Overall, it's worse than those tacky "Neo-classsics" where they datke a drivetrain, stretch it and make it look like a pimp's idea of a 30s Duesenberg or Mercedes...(lots of sidepipes, huge headlights, exterior horns, wire wheels, vynal roofs).

63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                      63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

No, this is not from Packardmotorcar. Theirs was a true prototype, although it appears their body started out as a Lincoln. The big difference was that theirs sported a V12 of their own new design that is supposedly rated at 440 HP. Incidently, the last time I looked at their site, Packardmotorcar company was for sale.

This car came from a special custom body shop. I looked around and found out they also made 1 or 2 modern Packard looking hearses. The owner of Bayliff was a Packard fanatic.
                        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

No, this is not from Packardmotorcar. Theirs was a true prototype, although it appears their body started out as a Lincoln. The big difference was that theirs sported a V12 of their own new design that is supposedly rated at 440 HP. Incidently, the last time I looked at their site, Packardmotorcar company was for sale.

This car came from a special custom body shop. I looked around and found out they also made 1 or 2 modern Packard looking hearses. The owner of Bayliff was a Packard fanatic.

Comment

This car is a Mercury that has had the front and rears modified to what someone at Bayliff thought the Packard would look like had the company succeded. The Packard Motor Car Co. In Arizona is for sale, has been for some time now. They even had it on ebay at one time. Looks like no one wanted to revive it. To bad...[V]

Randy_G
                            1959 Lark Sedan
                            This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

This car is a Mercury that has had the front and rears modified to what someone at Bayliff thought the Packard would look like had the company succeded. The Packard Motor Car Co. In Arizona is for sale, has been for some time now. They even had it on ebay at one time. Looks like no one wanted to revive it. To bad...[V]

Randy_G
                              1959 Lark Sedan
                              This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Working...
                              X