Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michiana Chapter Christmas party (12/10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michiana Chapter Christmas party (12/10)

Saturday night (12/10) the Michiana Chapter got together for our annual Christmas party, this year at the Comfort Suites hotel in South Bend. A good time was had by all, and it was catered polish. We got a report from the SNM about various topics, including the '47 and that they plan on opening a small "school" of sorts to teach the younger generation about and how to work on cars. We also had our elections, all unchanged except for president which went to Mike Lepay. I got to sit with fellow fourm member, Jim Bella, his wife Jan, and grandaughter Alyssa. I like Alyssa. She's awesome. I even added another Studebaker to my small fleet earlier in the day, so it was a really good Studebaker day.
    Chris Dresbach

Chris....any pictures?
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
      Chris....any pictures?
      I don't have any pictures of the christmas party. At the bottom I said "Added another Studebaker..." I'll post another thread about that...
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
        Saturday night (12/10) the Michiana Chapter got together for our annual Christmas party, this year at the Comfort Suites hotel in South Bend. A good time was had by all, and it was catered polish. We got a report from the SNM about various topics, including the '47 and that they plan on opening a small "school" of sorts to teach the younger generation about and how to work on cars. We also had our elections, all unchanged except for president which went to Mike Lepay. I got to sit with fellow fourm member, Jim Bella, his wife Jan, and grandaughter<<<
        I feel very honored to have been there!

How can you top a Chapter Christmas Party with the President of the Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc., the President of the Studebaker National Museum Board of Directors, the President of the Michiana Chapter, the Executive Director of the Studebaker National Museum, the TWO youngest Members of the Michiana Chapter (and perhaps the two youngest of the 12,100 members of the Studebaker Drivers Club)BP!
        <GGG>

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
          I got to sit with fellow fourm member, Jim Bella, his wife Jan, and grandaughter Alyssa. I like Alyssa. She's awesome. I even added another Studebaker to my small fleet earlier in the day, so it was a really good Studebaker day.
          Uh-oh. We need a pool going to see who we "lose" first; you or Matthew! <GGG> BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
            I feel very honored to have been there!

How can you top a Chapter Christmas Party with the President of the Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc., the President of the Studebaker National Museum Board of Directors, the President of the Michiana Chapter, the Executive Director of the Studebaker National Museum, the TWO youngest Members of the Michiana Chapter (and perhaps the two youngest of the 12,100 members of the Studebaker Drivers Club) all among the attendees?!?!

And oh yeah, President Obama didn’t make it this year, nor did BP!
            <GGG>
            The biggest honor for me was to hang out with the other youngest member of the Michiana chapter for a while.
            President Obama may not have been there, but there were a couple of Maxey's present. Aren't they something like South Bend's royalty or something? lol
            Last edited by Chris_Dresbach; 12-12-2011, 08:13 PM.
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Hi all in South Bend. Our presents was required in Arizona so the wife and I missed the party this year. Raining tonight and windy. Been shirt sleeve weather. Chris, glad to see you got the sky top. See you all after the snow is gone. Jim

Comment

Careful with those girls, Chris.. They'll want to drive your Stude!

So, I bought one with an automatic, power steering, and power brakes to make it easier. <grin>

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  Careful with those girls, Chris.. They'll want to drive your Stude!

So, I bought one with an automatic, power steering, and power brakes to make it easier. <grin>
                  If Alyssa wanted to drive my '40, I'd let her. She'd just need a drivers license and a crash course in driving a three speed.
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                  X