57 broadmoor.... $900. attn MBSTUDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 broadmoor.... $900. attn MBSTUDE

Not sure if this has been posted on here yet.

My friends mother asked me to put a Studebaker Wagon online for her. Its a Studebaker Broadmoor 4 Door Wagon. It been in a barn since the late 60's in...

Just came across that after joining that forum.

ps... I see some script
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

wow its in my neck of the woods too. In the Central Valley that would be the Fresno area.
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

That goes to show ya, that a "Barn Find" is not always a "Barn Fresh" Car!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That one sure makes me feel good about getting mine for only $600 more. Still, that's a worthy car and I hope someone saves it.

I wonder why it has the Scotsman "S" and not the hood emblem that's supposed to be there.

Comment

Well, Matt; it is Coppertone, for sure! <GGG> BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yep, that it is. Coppertone and Black does look rather striking when fresh. This wagon is pretty similar to mine, except mine was Coppertone and White. Same interior, though.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              I wonder why it has the Scotsman "S" and not the hood emblem that's supposed to be there.
              I'm not that up on '57's, but shouldn't a President based Broadmoor have a 4 barrel also?
              Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Personally, Matthew, I greatly prefer the color combo on your wagon, with white coves and roof.

Of course, that is due in no small part to the fact that our 1957 President 2-door was identical to yours as to color combo... and when you drive a specific Studebaker during your high school days, to quote the group Sugarland, It "Sticks Like Glue." (Somewhere, I have one fuzzy, late-1962 B&W Brownie-camera photo of myself with the car at age 16. We ran it as a Co-Operator heading photo many years ago, but darned if I can find it now.)

Anyway, thanks for those happy memories every time I look at your wagon, regardless of how they "interpreted" Coppertone during a respray! <GGG> BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
                  I'm not that up on '57's, but shouldn't a President based Broadmoor have a 4 barrel also?

Skinny: Only President Classic Sedans got a 4-barrel standard equipment.

It was optional at extra cost on the President 4-door Sedan, Broadmoor Wagon, 2-door Sedan, and Silver Hawk (which was technically a President).

Dual exhausts, however, were standard on all Presidents, per PD-1011, a copy of which I'm looking at now.

(Our 2-door sedan I referenced above was unusual in that it had the 4-bbl carb option but no radio!) BP
                  Last edited by BobPalma; 12-12-2011, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
                    The "Power Kit" was an OPTION, except on the President Classic Sedan "Y" Body, top of the line President.

They all came with a 289, but not 4 Brl. Dual Exhaust.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Scotsman hood to replace the pranged President hood? Happened at the same time the chrome bar was broken?

Aside from the usual fenders and bottom of the tailgate, and disregarding the floor (if you can) underneath the dust and dirt--including the dirt moved around with a dirty cloth instead of removing it-- major parts of it look quite okay. Door panels, dash and seat covers might look acceptable after some cleaning and reconditioning. It might even be capable of being resurrected if it wasn't in California where the bar is so much higher. I've seen much worse!

Comment

BP, I greatly prefer the white accent and roof over the black, too. Every time I walk down the garage I always think, "That's such a great looking car." With the wide whites, the overall look of the car just "pops".

Comment

Thanks guys. Wasn't sure how the Broadmoor fit into the President/President Classic line-up. My friend has a '57 President sedan (non-classic) with a four barrel, so I guess he has the power kit. The "one" style President in '58 makes things a little clearer.
                          Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Skinny if you think these model of Studes are complicated, try all the model numbers and changes for trucks. <grin>

The build sheet for my car does list a 4 barrel as being installed as an option.

Comment

Wow you got a good deal Matt. I really prefer the white on Copper over the Black On Copper. There is not even a floor in that thing. It looks like it was in a flood or it is parked in a dry riverbed...well not always dry.

Comment

Working...
                              X