• Show
Clear All

• shortened studie

Click image for larger version

Name:	studerbaker 001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1734473

Eldon, welcome to the forum. For your info, if you hit the "reply" button to the thread(s) you have started, you don't have to keep starting new threads. Your car is really cool, and perhaps you can furnish us on the forum with what you know about it. I have seen many shortened Stude coupes such as yours, but have never seen one that short , nor set up for drag racing only. What power train does or did it have, is it a modified Stude frame or totally fabricated, who built it, when did it last run etc. Is it NHRA safety certified, and for what time? How did you aquire it, and when? There is also a Studebaker racing only website, and many members of this forum are also members of that forum...maybe they can give you answers. I for one would like to more alot more about this car. Regards, Junior.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I've seen some shorten cars befor but I really like this version. To me it has a Vega like look to it. MORE PICS PLEASE!!! and details.
      Tom
      sigpic

Comment

Ditto what Junior said I like the looks of it.
        Engine photos ???

Dean.

Comment

Is "the Vega like look" a good thing?
          Jeff DeWitt
          http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

In my mind's eye, the first thing I saw was something "Z" car like. No, that's not a good thing.

Once I purged that image from my mind, I really like what I saw!
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Somewhere, I think I have a launch pic of this car with a different paint job.....
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
                I've seen some shorten cars befor but I really like this version. To me it has a Vega like look to it. MORE PICS PLEASE!!! and details.
                Tom
                we bought this car with a 350 sbc. was told it came from iowa. just wanted info if anyone knew of the car. the engine will be a stroked 360 dodge with 727 trans. also, it has a 12 bolt GM rear end, and weighs 2250 wet

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                  In my mind's eye, the first thing I saw was something "Z" car like. No, that's not a good thing.

Once I purged that image from my mind, I really like what I saw!
                  Then think Cunningham C-3, that's what comes to my mind for the proportions of it. I like those a lot!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDeWitt View Post
                    Is "the Vega like look" a good thing?
                    Never said it was a good or bad look, just the first thing that came to mine.
                    Tom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                      Then think Cunningham C-3, that's what comes to my mind for the proportions of it. I like those a lot!
                      Ah, that's better!:

(Not better than the Stude!)
                      Last edited by Studedude; 12-11-2011, 08:06 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Dave Lester

Comment

Yep! The similar arc of the beltline, and the full-radius wheel openings especially.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
                          Tom
                          Interestingly enough I thought the same thing at first glance. Maybe because I've had a couple Vegas and always thought they made cool drag cars. If those are NHRA numbers then it is Division 3 which would be Eastern Iowa if it is Iowa at all. The sponsor lettering seems to say IL. American Screen Printing is is Joliet according to their web page, or is that your sponsor and number?

Pat

PS Welcome to the forum!
                          Pat Dilling
                          Olivehurst, CA
                          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

[QUOTE=Pat Dilling;601498]Interestingly enough I thought the same thing at first glance. Maybe because I've had a couple Vegas and always thought they made cool drag cars. If those are NHRA numbers then it is Division 3 which would be Eastern Iowa if it is Iowa at all. The sponsor lettering seems to say IL. American Screen Printing is is Joliet according to their web page, or is that your sponsor and number?

Pat
                            We bought the car in chicago. we are located in so ca. we just wanted a 53-54 stude, cause as a child, I had 4 or 5 by the time I was 16. we have a dodge 360 stroked to 408 thats going in the car. still a lot of work to do, as it is a glass front clip.

Comment

The Cunningham does have a Stude connection.. Briggs Cunningham worked with Bill Frick quite a bit.

And you should all know who Bill Frick is.

Comment

Working...
                              X