Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Strands 54 Starliner

Greetings,
    I ran across some old pictures on my computer the other day. A couple piqued my interest, of Dave Strands 54 Starliner project and the Drop-dead gorgeous flathead he built for it. Anybody know if the project is finished and how it turned out?
    I'm working on a 54 Champ Starliner and would like to know how the driveability turned out with all those Champ mods...
    Well, OK the Convertible isn't his, but I included it because it's cool!
    Thanks
    Attached Files

I saved pictures of that engine a long time ago. It would be a shame if the project stalled and that thing was languishing in a shop somewhere.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Wow, the craftsmanship on that chassis and engine is awesome. I saw these pictures a long time ago too and just assumed the car was finished. Would love to see more photos of this chassis, and car at whatever stage of construction it is in now. Junior.
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Were any Studebaker convertibles hurt in that last picture? Is the original prototype or is it a later picture?

Comment

I agree. I saw these pictures when they were last posted...........beautiful!
          Would love to see the finished car or the progress to date.
          Good Roads
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by 55s View Post
            Were any Studebaker convertibles hurt in that last picture? Is the original prototype or is it a later picture?
            I believe that is an early iteration of the prototype convertible.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X