Headed to Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed to Australia

After four months of negotiations and waiting for Australian Government approval, my 64 Daytona R1 Sedan is headed to a Studebaker guy in Nanook, Australia. Now I have to find a new stable mate for my 48 Landcruiser. I'm looking at a couple of Avanti II's and an R2 Avanti, and possibly an R1 AC Avanti. I started out looking for a nice 63 or 64 convertible, haven't found one that the sellar didn't think was made of gold. I'd like to find something done, but who wouldn't.
    Attached Files

Someone is getting a great car. It's been a pleasure watching you drive that sweetheart all over the country.

Comment

Originally posted by hossfly View Post
      After four months of negotiations and waiting for Australian Government approval, my 64 Daytona R1 Sedan is headed to a Studebaker guy in Nanook, Australia. Now I have to find a new stable mate for my 48 Landcruiser. I'm looking at a couple of Avanti II's and an R2 Avanti, and possibly an R1 AC Avanti. I started out looking for a nice 63 or 64 convertible, haven't found one that the seller didn't think was made of gold. I'd like to find something done, but who wouldn't.
      They aren't ? <GGG>

Seriouisly, that is a pretty Daytona sedan. It was at Springfield For Sale last summer, wasn't it? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
        Someone is getting a great car. It's been a pleasure watching you drive that sweetheart all over the country.
        thx Mat, it is a good one. No BP didn't decide to see it till a couple of months after the meet, not seriously any way. I may have put a sign on it just to see what kind of respnce I would get

Comment

After four months of negotiations and waiting for Australian Government approval, my 64 Daytona R1 Sedan is headed to a Studebaker guy in Nanook, Australia. Now I have to find a new stable mate for my 48 Landcruiser. I'm looking at a couple of Avanti II's and an R2 Avanti, and possibly an R1 AC Avanti. I started out looking for a nice 63 or 64 convertible, haven't found one that the sellar didn't think was made of gold. I'd like to find something done, but who wouldn't.
          Been there done that at least 100 times, they love the Studes in Australia and New Zealand, and all good people to say the least.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

I remember seeing that car in Springfield....it was at the host hotel with a forsale sign in the window...nice car indeed!
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
              Been there done that at least 100 times, they love the Studes in Australia and New Zealand, and all good people to say the least.

'and all good people to say the least'

Nice of you to say so, Bob.
              Matt
              Brisbane
              Australia
              sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

I wonder where Nanook is?

Comment

Yeah; I couldn't find it!
                  Leon Martin, Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post
                    'and all good people to say the least'

Nice of you to say so, Bob.
                    Ya Matt, and I even mean Leon too, hang in there Leon time for you to came back over and check out the cars in the lot.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                      Ya Matt, and I even mean Leon too, hang in there Leon time for you to came back over and check out the cars in the lot.
                      Geez Bob, where's my invite?------------I want my money back from that last transaction, lol.
                      Brian Greenall
                      Melbourne, OZ
                      sigpic

Comment

I've liked every Australian that I've had the pleasure to talk to or even do business with. Overall just a great bunch from my experience.

In some cases, I even get to drive some cool cars. Hey Matt, how's that '41 Buick coupe liking Brisbane? Hope you like that twin-carbed straight eight as much as I did.

Last edited by mbstude; 12-13-2011, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                          Geez Bob, where's my invite?------------I want my money back from that last transaction, lol.
                          Ok Brian when should I sent it back? I have some one that will give me more, but either way you are welcome any time also as are all people from Australia even the mosley's might even invite that guy name Mackellar, hang in there guys South Bend is coming.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

I actually got the name wrong, Mr. tanner lives in Nannup, Western Australia, it is outside of Freemantle. If it were on the East Coast of Australia, I could have had it on a ship out of New Orleans. It has to ship out of Gardena, Ca. to Singapore then to Freemantle. About a three month journey if all the connections are made.

Comment

I met Neville Tanner at this year's National Meet, nice fellow. Strange that a better shipping arrangement couldn't be made, it's probably 26 days to Singapore then 3 or so down to Fremantle. I'm sure the car will be a nice addition to Western Australia's Studebaker population.
                              John Clements
                              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                              X