No announcement yet.

firing order for flathead six...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: firing order for flathead six...

Hey guys, Im out in the cold right now trying to fire up the old truck for the first time in prob 15 years. I wanted to confirm the firing order for one of these old flathead six. Can someone provide a crude diagram of the cap wires going to the cylinders? I have a shop manual and it doesnt say anything about this????

It should be 1,5,3,6,2,4 like my OHV 61 engine. Take out plug one, crank the engine, with your finger in the hole until you feel compression pushing your finger. That should be #one and I believe 5,3,6,2,4 is clockwise on the cap. (Pull the coil wire you the car does not fire up with you there!!!).
    David G. Nittler

Comment

From Bob Johnstone's great site................
      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I think it is counter clock wise on the cap...
        1948 M15A-20 Flatbed Truck Rescue
        See rescue progress here on this blog:
        http://studem15a-20.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks guys. Im starting to sort this out. The one thing that threw me for a loop to is the + ground and the fact that the previous owner had a battery in the truck that was set up - ground. So this morning Im going to swap the battery terminals, go with the original wiring diagram and try that firing order. I hope she at least spudders and coughs?

BTW JohnM15 that truck you are doing is coming along great!! Looks amazing. Very nice work.

Comment

Working...
          X