GT Hawk Roof Crease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk Roof Crease

Do all GT Hawks have a crease across the roof or is it only the '64's, put there to accommodate the partial, optional, vinly top & trim ?? Thanks, Dan

Yes they all come with it.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

All of them have it.

Terry

Comment

Only the 64's had the optional partial vinyl top. Has anyone ever done one with the rear half only in vinyl? If so I'm sure Craig would have a picture of it! Thinking about it brings back memories of my first assembly plant tour, but unfortunatly it wasnt at Studebaker, seeing how fast they installed vinyl tops, how they were spaced out along the line & how many wagons were done that way!
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

My Uncle had a fullsize Pontiac wagon with a vinyl top,think it was late 60s or early 70s and I thought how strange.
          Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
          Only the 64's had the optional partial vinyl top. Has anyone ever done one with the rear half only in vinyl? If so I'm sure Craig would have a picture of it! Thinking about it brings back memories of my first assembly plant tour, but unfortunatly it wasnt at Studebaker, seeing how fast they installed vinyl tops, how they were spaced out along the line & how many wagons were done that way!
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
            Has anyone ever done one with the rear half only in vinyl? If so I'm sure Craig would have a picture of it!
            One of the few criticisms of the design of the G.T. Hawk was how 'heavy' the earmuffs were, and painting or covering with contrasting vinyl in that area specifically would only emphasize it, which is probably one reason I've never seen any, be it a styling study, show car, or a latter day modification. The closest of any would be this Brook Stevens sketch of a Targa version:

Craig

Comment

I've seen that drawing before, but it wasn't until just now I noticed it had opera windows!
              Jeff DeWitt
              http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Working...
              X