Nice '65 Commander Wagonaire In OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice '65 Commander Wagonaire In OK

Please ignore this post if it is a Dup. but I did not see one in recent history.

This looks like a Nice Car needing only New Seat Covers to be a good driver.

Someone is going to steal it in just two days for maybe under $2000.00 with no

reserve. It is a Lt. Blue '65 V-8 Automatic, Commander Wagonaire in Tulsa, OK.

I have no more info or any connection to the owner whatsoever.

StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Perhaps Bob Whiten (Clonelark) knows this car. Hey...he ought to buy it to help hold up his car port during the next wind storm!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Rich , that is a nice car , was looking at it . Hope someone picks it up
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Well played, Clary, made me laugh!

As we know, the real bidding takes place in the last few minutes, frequently in the last 15 seconds with snipe programs. I predict it will go for $3-3500; still not bad for that good looking car.

Of course, it's possible the owner will pull it right at the end if it doesn't draw enough. All one can do is bid and hope
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

And another 65 Commander Wagonaire in Virginia (from California), with a 6 and a manual floor shift and two tone to boot! Nice interior too

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            Perhaps Bob Whiten (Clonelark) knows this car. Hey...he ought to buy it to help hold up his car port during the next wind storm!
            Now that was low, John. <GGG> BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Now that was low, John. <GGG> BP
              Oh, I've done worse to Bob. Like the time I showed up one Sunday night...with Jock (the poodle)...and didn't leave for two days!
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

heh-heh, not as low as his carport roof.........................

I am SO sorry, my fingers are out of control.

Comment

Not the first time it has been on ebay. Don't remember the starting bid before but it didn't get any bids.

What transmission did they use with the GM motors? Does it have a power glide?
                  TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

All Studebaker Trans. were Borg Warner, except the '56 GH.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I remember seeing this car maybe around 1995, was not nearly as nice as it looks now. as for Clary's comment i guess i deserved it, and it made me smile also. But it wasn't too funny when i saw the dang thing sitting on my Lark. Thought i was going to have to make the Lark a convertible.
                      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        All Studebaker Trans. were Borg Warner, except the '56 GH.
                        How did this work, did they change the bolt pattern on the back of the gm block or on the bw transmission? Can you bolt a gm transmission up to the blocks they used in Studebakers?
                        TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

....in 1995 what condition was it in ? More specifically: can someone/anyone confirm it is solid underneath; frame & floors ??? I hate it when no pics are shown underneath. Could someone locally look this car over ? THX

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
                            I remember seeing this car maybe around 1995, was not nearly as nice as it looks now. as for Clary's comment i guess i deserved it, and it made me smile also. But it wasn't too funny when i saw the dang thing sitting on my Lark. Thought i was going to have to make the Lark a convertible.
                            I was hoping you wouldn't be too upset since it turned out that your neat car didn't suffer catastrophic damage. I consider you a good friend and wouldn't want to tick you off because of my warped sense of humor. However, I have been through pretty much what you experienced. Only in my case (nothing new here) it was due to pure stupidity and carelessness on my part.

I have a pretty ratty but complete, solid, unrestored '55 President Coupe stored in my man cave. The structure is actually an earth floor pole barn. One day, I decided to free up some storage space by throwing a couple of 4X4's across the poles that are on each side of the stall the President is parked in. Then I laid a few old rough cut oak 2X4's across them and tossed a few pieces of salvaged plywood over that. At first I stuck some light things up there like my kayak, and some Studebaker trim pieces. As the years came and went, I kept placing a box here, and another item there. One day, after we had experienced some high spring winds the night before, I went out and opened the door to that part of the building only to be horrified to find that the whole mess had collapsed on top of the President.

Now the President sports a couple of dents in the roof. The stupid structure is back up. This time, it has bolts and nails holding it in place, and I pay closer attention to what I stick up there. Lesson learned! Well...until the whole thing gets blown down anyway.
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Studebaker used an adapter much like Chevrolet did in the 55-61 era a piece of cast iron piece about 1-1/2 thick, yes you could bolt a late Chevrolet transmission to the 65-66 Chevy engines.
                              Jack,
                              I didn't look at the floors back in 1995 but it has been re painted since then, I could try to get a look at the car again, but it might be a couple days. Both me and the woman are under the weather, and neither of us feel like getting out. Send me a PM with your phone # and I'll see if i can get out later.
                              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                              X