Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 54 Studebaker full caps

I need 5 near mint or super nice full wheel covers Thanks 717-557-7690

I bought four of my five from Greg Houston at Hubcaps Always in Illinois(?). They only needed a repaint of gold in the centers. Be aware you probably won't find them for less than quite a bit of money.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Nice 54 -55 full wheel covers can be bought on ebay regulary, at a reasonable price. It's the 53's that are hard. I have a driver set of 54's

Comment

Since the original dies were destroyed for the Reproduction '54-'55 Wheelcovers and the supply is gone, the rarety, price and demand has gone through the roof.

A near perfect one or NOS one, could cost $150.00-$200.00
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

How bodes that for the value of good surviving '53 tri-star full wheel covers?
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I have a new set here is you are interested. I bought them from S.I. when they still had stock.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              How bodes that for the value of good surviving '53 tri-star full wheel covers?
              I would guess about the same because even though they are rarer, there are way fewer '53's surviving than the improved Body, Frame & Brakes '54's, plus there are quite a few '55's out there also. So it's just the old supply and demand thing again.

Also it was only a limited number of early '53's that used any Tri-stars anywhere, the rest used the late '53,'54,'55 type.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                I would guess about the same because even though they are rarer, there are way fewer '53's surviving than the improved Body, Frame & Brakes '54's, plus there are quite a few '55's out there also. So it's just the old supply and demand thing again.

Also it was only a limited number of early '53's that used any Tri-stars anywhere, the rest used the late '53,'54,'55 type.
                All of the Vernon built 1953s carried the tri-star trim through the entire model year.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Why do you need five? A set is four and the spare does not use a wheelcover. Do you just want to have an extra?
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X