Kudos to Bob Kabchef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to Bob Kabchef

I'm always amazed by how very nice the people who populate this forum are. I've only met one (Bob Andrews)
    but I've dealt with quite a few on different things. My latest pleasant transaction was with Bob Kabchef (Roscomacaw). I contacted him about a spare Distributor for my Speedster. We exchanged a few very polite E-mails, arrived at the shipping cost and the day after I sent the check out to him I recieved the Distributor at my house. He had to have shipped it the day I e-mailed my address to him for a shipping estimate.

A great Studebaker guy for sure, Murray
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

I Second the motion!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, I have had a very similar experience with "StudeBob" involving a brake drum and an axle shaft!

Also have had several other positive experiences with SDC members both on and off the Forum.
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

I've been an SDC member for a long, long time but never used the Forum until recently when I bought an old 2R-10. The response from the forum has been really great and i can't say enough about the help I've gotten, not to mention the feeling of instantly having old friends again who still appreciate the finer things in life, like old Studes.

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments all. Just tryin' to help the Stude community when I can. I've still got alot of used but useable Stude parts lyin' about. Think of me when you're looking for something. I may well have it.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob, Do you have a useable R2 cam and an aluminum gear????
            You have had almost everything else I have needed.

Comment

I need NOS '57 taillight assemblies and station wagon tailgate chrome bits!

Comment

I believe I have an aluminum timing gear

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                Bob, Do you have a useable R2 cam and an aluminum gear????
                You have had almost everything else I have needed.

Comment

Well Kelly, I do have an R2+ cam, but I ain't readyh to part with it yet.

Matthew, I got NOS primered ones from SASCO a few years ago. I let a friend take them to a shop that had done good work for him. The friend dallied around so long that he only got back to the place after new owners had taken over. Sadly, the taillights didn't get the treatment they deserved. In fact, I tossed them in the trash when I finally got them returned to me. They were just shiny junk. Totally distorted.
                  But - that said, someone like Chrome-Job Jerry might do you right if you could get some more of those primered ones! ISTR one of them came out of a FACTORY sealed box with primer over chrome plating! Anyways, it was the Custom Champions that wore these painted bezels. Look up the part number and check with SI. You might be surprized.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

well...

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                    Anyways, it was the Custom Champions that wore these painted bezels.
                    I think you mean that the Scotsman sedans/wagons wore those, right Bob...?
                    <wink, wink>

Jewel is a Champion Custom and hers are chrome-

as they should be...
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Yeah Dave. Well, Scotsmans were just custom Customs anyway. <G>

Comment

Working...
                      X