Twin Trac Emblem Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Trac Emblem Location

Does anyone have a photo showing where a TT emblem would go on a '57 wagon?

The build sheet shows my car as having twin traction, but there's no emblem. I have an NOS emblem but need to know where to put it.

Matt, This isn't your Broadmoor, but it is a TT emblem on the back of a wagon. This was at the Pacific SW Zone meet in Oct. This might help give you ideas.

Mark
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bullet; 12-06-2011, 06:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I could tell ya where to put it, but it might not be... right.
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

Matt~
        I'm not gonna say that Colin's '58 Packard is wrong, but I can take a look at the diagram that came with my NOS tailgate if you'd like~ it shows lots of pretty cool stuff!!! But it can't happen until tomorrow. I am not at my shop right now.
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

If it's supposed to go on the tailgate, that's where I'll put it. I just didn't know if it was supposed to go on the tailgate, gas door, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
            If it's supposed to go on the tailgate, that's where I'll put it. I just didn't know if it was supposed to go on the tailgate, gas door, etc etc.
            Iffin I had a '57 Brood Mare I'd put one on the tail gate, one on the gas door and one on the right rear quarter. Try to cover as much of it as I could.<G>
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Yes! On the tailgate.
              A couple of times now you have indicated the build sheet says the Broadmoor should have TT.
              Have you determined it does?
              Just jack up the rear and turn one of the wheels. If the other turns the same direction be happy!
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I don't know if the rear is actually a TT or not. It's not like it'll ever see an icy road or mud, so it doesn't matter to me either way. More than anything I just want the emblem to make people ask what it is. As though seeing a Studebaker wagon won't have them scratching their heads enough.

Jerry, I'm going to put a '53 nose on it and bondo over the rear doors. Then sell it to you as a '53 coupe. <G>

Comment

Jerry, I'm going to put a '53 nose on it and bondo over the rear doors. Then sell it to you as a '53 coupe. <G>
                  I'll help. When do we start?
                  You wont sell it to me though. We'll take it to Streetside and tell them it's a one-of-a-kind prototype built by the same guy that built that '50's (or was it '60's) Packard with the dual side mount spares and was in TW a few years ago, and we found it in a South Bend Stude Dealer's basement. Should be worth 100K.
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Matt, next time you are under the car, (waxing the transmission), crawl around to the back and remove the filler plug on the rear differential.
                    Now comes the x rated part......stick your finger in the hole......no....really!
                    If you hit the carrier at the first knuckle, it's twin traction.
                    If you get your finger stuck in the hole before you hit anything, you most likely have an open differential.
                    Bez Auto Alchemy
                    573-318-8948
                    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Matt, next time you are under the car, (waxing the transmission),

Beez is that a euphemism?

Matt wouldn't that make it a Nomad? Is that a dirty word here?

Comment

The waxing of transmission pans is a long running joke between me and Indy SDCer Joe Bacon. He has one of the prettiest Golden Hawks in the country, and at every International meet, he and his wife Nancy remind me that I need to wax the transmission pan. It's yet to happen, though.

Studebaker Nomad Broadmoor.. or something. Could be fun!

Comment

Studebaker Nomad Broadmoor.. or something. Could be fun!
                          Many many many moons ago (I think I was like 17) I had someone ask me a bunch of questions about the 'Nomad' I was driving. Folks 'round here know her as 'Betsy'...

she is a 1957 Studebaker Parkview!!!

StudeDave '57
                          got me a wagon~
                          how 'bout you?
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

According to the 53-58 Studebaker - 57-58 Packard parts catalog Group 2531 Tailgates (Page 467)

Part Number 1326147WP - NAME PLATE, TAIL GATE "Twin Traction" All 57, 58 one per car

Mike O'Handley
                            Kenmore, Washington
                            hausdok@msn.com
                            Last edited by hausdok; 12-06-2011, 11:53 PM.
                            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                            Kenmore, Washington
                            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                            '69 Pontiac Firebird
                            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Under the topic "Studes in Roadside Americana Photos" Post # 15 shows the rear of a 1958 Studebaker wagon and it looks like it has Twin Traction. It appears (to me) the shape of the TT emblem in the same location as the 1958 Packard wagon shown above in post # 2.

Mr. Bill
                              Hamlet, NC

Comment

Working...
                              X