Broadmoor build sheet - this is interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadmoor build sheet - this is interesting

Got the production order for the Broadmoor today.

Anybody care to ID all the AC numbers?

Interesting that such a loaded car was built without a destination.

It clearly shows a power seat and twin traction. It has the regular seat, and I don't think it has a TT rear, but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Got the production order for the Broadmoor today.

Anybody care to ID all the AC numbers?

Interesting that such a loaded car was built without a destination.

It clearly shows a power seat and twin traction. It has the regular seat, and I don't think it has a TT rear, but I could be wrong.

This will get you started, Matthew:

2774 Windshield Washer Kit

2833 Climatizer

2745 Stratoline automatic-tuning PB Radio

2742 Roof Rack

2688 Front Antennea, internally-controlled
    Last edited by BobPalma; 12-06-2011, 04:09 AM. Reason: removed Wonderbar reference; it ain't!
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I do not have the Parts and accessories Price List (Book F) for 1957, but the 1961 Issue does show:

AC-2855 Bumper Kit $12.00 (Front Guards), AC-2841 Cover & Disc. $6.00 (Wheelcover), AC-2833 Climatizer $29.95 (Special Net, meaning they were so old or overstocked by '61 they were being closed out, Discounted), AC-2858 B/U Lite $3.20, (X)AC-2688 Antenna $10.25.

An Antenna, but no Radio (that I found), so maybe they were planning to Dealer Install that. It looks like on Wagons they did not "X" AC the Wheel Covers, (pack them in the Car) because of no Trunk. But the Antenna was Packed in the Car.

Sorry, that is all that was left in stock by 1961.

Keep in mind that this Car was built right close to New Model Introduction time 10/26/1956, so it obviously was for showroom display... somewhere!
      No notes about show Car quality, and Gas tank drain for a Major Car Show though.

Just curious Matthew, does it still have the Internal Control Antenna and Wonder Bar Radio and Engine P42986?
      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-05-2011, 12:33 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Your options are nearly IDENTICAL to 57H-P6 #30!!! (aka- StudeMichael?)
        Yours (body #16) was ordered four days later, but built three days earlier...
        go figure!!! Here's your complete list~

AC 2833 Climatizer
        AC 2835 electric clock
        AC 2774 windshield washer kit
        AC 2841 cap and disc hub (full disc) AKA- standard '57 full cover
        AC 2858 back up lamp kit
        AC 2855 vertical bumper kit
        AC 2745 radio 'Stratoline' auto tuning
        xAC 2688 antenna kit, front, internal controled
        AC 2742 rack kit, roof luggage- 1st type- nine slats/five supports

About the only thing different (besides color) is that his got seat belts.
        Neither car has a destination.

oooops- guess I type too slow...
        Last edited by StudeDave57; 12-05-2011, 02:29 PM.
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks guys! It does have the original engine. The roll up antenna is there. It has a push button radio, but not a Wonderbar. I wonder if the radio and power seat were swapped with another car at the dealer? Who knows!

I do know that the original sales invoice from the dealer shows that it wasn't sold until February, '57.
          Last edited by mbstude; 12-05-2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
            This will get you started, Matthew:>>>

2745 Stratoline automatic-tuning PB Radio (Wonderbar; woo-hoo!)
            AC 2745 Stratoliner Automatic Tuning on '56 models was a "Push-Button" Radio. Was AC 2745 a true "Wonderbar" Radio for the '57 models? Seems like Stude would have used a different "AC" number if it was.

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time a buyer of a car "in inventory" for a while told the salesman "Yeah, I'll take it, but swap out the seat and radio. I don't need that expensive stuff."

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I think Clark is on to something. A buyer requested a dealer swap out of the high cost stuff. I often do this especially on dealer installed items. They usually drop the charge but leave the installed alarm or undercoat or....

The other possibility is that it was changed after the accident. IIRC the front fenders were changed and the whole car painted right? Or is that not what ended up happening? Maybe the seat was messed up in the crash so they changed it.

Comment

Undercoat! Was dis car from Fargo, dere?

Comment

Nope So Cal. That is exactly why I would not pay for it. Dont need it. Especially on a modern GM Truck which has Galvanized undercarrieage panels. The sheet metal will last much longer than the truck will at least in So Cal.

Comment

Hey Matt,
                      nice car to own, but save like hell and get yourself an Avanti - preferably a blown one. That is the car to when you are young and reckless. In your Boardmore Wagon you may be mistakenly mistaken for Paul Johnson, who is the only person on the forum, known to have bought an 1864 wagon - oops a 64 wagon new !!!

Good luck to you and your new 'shaggin wagon'

Greg
                      Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                      1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                      1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                      1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                      1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                      1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                      1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Looks like the radio might be correct then. Still doesn't explain the missing power seat though.

The car also has factory (dealer) door edge and door handle guards.

Greg, I would GLADLY trade the car for an Avanti. I'd be pretty happy with a 66-70ish Avanti II. I don't mind the Chevy.

Comment

Extremely well optioned car. Should present itself very well when done.

Comment

interesting build sheet indeed!
                            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by go-studebaker View Post
                              Hey Matt,
                              nice car to own, but save like hell and get yourself an Avanti - preferably a blown one. That is the car to when you are young and reckless. In your Boardmore Wagon you may be mistakenly mistaken for Paul Johnson, who is the only person on the forum, known to have bought an 1864 wagon - oops a 64 wagon new !!!

Good luck to you and your new 'shaggin wagon'

Greg
                              Matthew was raised in an Avanti. His grandma bought one when he was 5. He has been everywhere from Memphis to Dollywood, and all over Georgia and Florida in it.
                              Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                              X