Great Studebaker Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Studebaker Day

Today was a great day for us. First, we attended the Long Island Studebaker Club's annual Holiday Brunch at Molly Malone's Restaurant in Bay Shore, NY.
    8 of our members brought their Studes and the rest of the group came in modern cars. We had a total of 32 members in attendance. As an added treat, member Allan Rubenstein entertained us with a terrific magic show.
    Later today, we drove the Lark to Smithtown for the annual tree lighting.
    All in all, my wife and I and our Studebaker had a terrific day.
    I was the last official Studebaker event for the year. I'm already looking forward to next Spring.
    Rog
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Yesterday was the Christmas banquet for the Keystone Region Chapter at Carriage Corners Restaurant in Mifflinburg, PA.
    Oldest vehicle was Ed Smelts' '23.
    Truth be told, the friendships we have developed surpass our devotion to our favorite marque.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Two Christmas/Holiday banquets for us this weekend. Yesterday the Greater Virginia Chapter held theirs at Rosebrook Inn way out in the country near Stanardsville, VA- great time in a fascinating venue. Only problem was driving 110 miles home on dark, winding roads. Today the Potomac Chapter held theirs at the Inn at Charles Town, WV. Another great time at a great location- fine food, fine service, fine company. Weather was so nice that I drove the Avanti to the meet. Several other Studebakers ventured out as well. We were entertained by DelMarVa Regional Manager George Hamlin who sang and accompanied himself on an elaborate keyboard (hope to have him on YouTube soon).
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
      X