Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ute, THE Ute makes it into print one more time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ute, THE Ute makes it into print one more time.

If you liked the Ute and didn't get a magazine containing the original feature, Hot Rod Deluxe included the Ute in it's Best of the Best issue thats available now.

61 Lark

sigpic

Wow that is pretty cool. Was that a production vehicle or a cutom someone built?
    I am a HUGE El Camino fan, I have had 3 of them. That would be a fun project.

I was looking at that truck/car, cartruck, And think a cool thing to build could be to build the same basic rig but turn the rear window the other way. Then slope the B-pillar to fit that so the rear window would curve back, kind of like the last version of the ElCo. Just a thought.

Comment

This '53 was owned by our Local Chapter Member, Forum Member and used to be, very active poster here Dick Steinkamp, who restored the original 60's Rod and Custom Show car.

What fools most people is that, you would think it is a Sedan or '54 Wagon Body, but it is not. It actually is a long wheelbase 120 1/2", "C" Body Coupe with it's stock rear glass flipped side to side and standing up instead of laying down.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

kmac530, you can use the search to find archived threads about the Ute and Dick. Might keep you busy for a week or two, though. Amazing history and Dick posted a lot of progress photos. If you like that kind of custom, you'll love reading about the Ute.

Comment

I really miss Dick's company. He contributed a lot to the forum.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Thanks for that heads up Bob, I will look at those threads.
            Maybe that will slow down all of my posting and shut me up for a couple of days...lol

Comment

What happened to Dick? Last I knew he had just bought a nice gold Avanti then he vanished. Hope he is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                What happened to Dick? Last I knew he had just bought a nice gold Avanti then he vanished. Hope he is ok.
                He didn't keep that Avanti long. I think it's been at least a year since he sold it. About that same time he got into MGs- and that's what I saw him in when he dropped in on our Classic Car Show this past September. I forgot to ask how that '50-something MoPar wagon turned out...
                He looked okay- he's just been busy in other places these days.
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

oooooooopps

I forgot to mention-
                  for as good as the Ute looks in any magazine you may see it in-

it is TEN TIMES BETTER in person!!!!

I'm just bummed we never managed to get it and Steve's and Scott's car together for a little 'best of the best' photo shoot. Yup- three of the best custom Studes you'll ever see managed to attend the Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet back in 2009.

StudeDave '57
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment