Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching for a '51 Commander convertible

Hi all--

Anyone know of a '51 Commander droptop in excellent nick on the market? I'm keeping an eye out for one...not for me, of course, but for a local Lincoln guy who is partial to that particular Stude. (He also likes GT Hawks, one of which would doubtless be easier to find than the '51 V8 vert!)

S.

'Saw this one on the transport just the other day, Steve. 'Headed for downtown Chicago, as I recall.

'Hope you can find it quick before they salt the streets! <GGG> BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The last restored one that I knew changed hands for more than $30K and that was several years ago.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

there is a very nice turn key candy apple red resto-rod here, priced in the 30's

Comment

Can't sell him on a 52 2 door hard top huh ?

Dean.

Comment

Wasn't there one on "Eye Candy" this past week. Nov.30th.
            Good Roads
            Brian
            Last edited by woodysrods; 12-02-2011, 09:05 PM.
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Brian--

Nope, 'twas me posted that one! It was a beauty...but it was a Champion, and the Lincoln gent desires a Commander (V8).

The restomod suggestion made me grin: the Lincoln guy is quite a purist, to the extent I get considerable entertainment from watching his eye-rolling reaction to the many photos I have of rods...He's after a stock, loaded '51 V8 vert, and quite content to wait till he finds the exact right car. I won't be surprised if he gets himself a GT Hawk in the interim as he likes those too and they're way easier to find than V8 '51 verts.

S.

Comment

Working...
              X