Ridge Reamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridge Reamer

Wow, this stinks. I have a nice, well used Ridge reamer that my dads dad bought. It has been passed around and handed down. I dig it out of my tool box all excited that I finally get a bit of time to pull out the pistons from my 289, and it only has the one centering collar/shoulder on it, and that collar is a 3-7/8" thru 4-1/8" collar and I dont have any of the others from the set. It is an All Power style that you have to unbolt the collar/shoulder part and replace it for larger and smaller bores.

Anyway, I start to look online for another one and I cant believe what some want on ebay. I went to Snap-on online and they have a nice one for $59 and the same looking one on ebay, not labeled a Snap-on were all over $68 + shipping....seems wierd to be able to buy a brand one name with a good {lifetime?} warranty for about $10 less that from "who knows where" on ebay.

But ultimately I found a barely used Snap-on one on ebay for $40 including shipping....figure even if it is bad or breaks I should be able to exchange it from my buddies Snap-on truck guy.

Oh well, just venting I guess.

You can also go to Autozone & after leaving a deposit, use their ridge reamer, return it & get your money back=no charge.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
    X