Last of 3 63 2 doors picked up. will be parting 2 of them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last of 3 63 2 doors picked up. will be parting 2 of them

Well today was the day Pat and I picked up the last 63 2 door sedan, all cars came with out engines or trans, 2 of the were original 4 speed cars with one of them being a Daytona 2 door hard top that was original Avanti supercharged with 4 speed, that one will not be parted out some pieces from the others will go toward the hardtop. both of the sedans have very good floors and trunks, one was hit up front and pushed the pass side tire back into the cowell wall some, it damaged the "A" arms and we had to change it just to get the car home, the other one has been hit a little in the rear and buckled the pass rear fender, but any one needing a pretty rust free 2 door body here they are, let me know better pictures later here are a couple of them sitting on the ground.

will need to take some pictures of the other one. if interested let me know before I cut them up.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Golly, Bob; I know you can't save 'em all, but that Champaign Gold F6 looks awfully nice from here as "cores" go for us midwesterners. Sigh.... BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Golly, Bob; I know you can't save 'em all, but that Champaign Gold F6 looks awfully nice from here as "cores" go for us midwesterners. Sigh.... BP
      Shipping would be $$$; but, rust repairs on a typical Rust Belt car would be $$$$$$ so maybe you could make an offer and save that F6?
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I could use a passenger door for my little old F6, but shipping would be crazy, I'm sure.
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

Bob, how rusty are the backup lamp assemblies on this car? If they're decent, I might be interested.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Sigh. Your a damn lucky person Bob getting three larks, including a super lark, for absolutely free. I guess only in California.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              They can be had but people need to speak up before I get carried away, one thing that keeps the bucks up on these are the frames, there are a few people that need them and they sell for $500-600 each and I have a person already wanting one, lots of really good parts on.these I will be taking more pictures and posting to show more areas of these.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
                I could use a passenger door for my little old F6, but shipping would be crazy, I'm sure.
                Jamie we can talk about the door or any other part you might need, I will be in South Bend for the national and can bring most thing then, PM me if interested..
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                  Bob, how rusty are the backup lamp assemblies on this car? If they're decent, I might be interested.
                  Clark they are use able but as of now they are on the black Daytona because it did not have any.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Originally posted by 4jc8z View Post
                    Sigh. Your a damn lucky person Bob getting three larks, including a super lark, for absolutely free. I guess only in California.
                    Nothing is ever really free, 4 trips at 180 miles round trip each time with gas at close to $4.00 a gal. trip take 2 of us all day start to finish, truck get about 15 mpg so nothing is really free.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

At least Bob has the vehicles and can save what is useful then scrap the rest. Sad, but better than them totally rusting away without being of use to others.

Well done Bob.
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I need a whole front clip, but blew all my Stude money on that $127.50 hulk I dragged home a few weeks ago. It cost me a bit more that that for gas and food for a 1000 mile trip. Maybe I'll have some saved up by the time the international meet rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                          At least Bob has the vehicles and can save what is useful then scrap the rest. Sad, but better than them totally rusting away without being of use to others.

Well done Bob.
                          Ya John since that is what I have been doing for the past 20 years is dealing in parts I knew they need to be picked up and made available to other members, to bad the people that need them the most are a long ways away, you might get a chance to see the Daytona in Australia as one of your members is interested in it.
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkman View Post
                            I need a whole front clip, but blew all my Stude money on that $127.50 hulk I dragged home a few weeks ago. It cost me a bit more that that for gas and food for a 1000 mile trip. Maybe I'll have some saved up by the time the international meet rolls around.
                            Fred sounds like you are a real die hard Studebaker kind of guy spend $1000.00 for a $127.50 car but to each is own and keep me posted on what you might need and I will see what can be done...Bob
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Now I'm really kicking myself

Humphrey, NE is just up US 81 and... Oh heck, priorties

Jeff T.
                              Last edited by Jeff T.; 11-30-2011, 12:50 PM.
                              \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
                              The Replacements.

Comment

Working...
                              X