Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for the owner of the white '62/'63 Lark R2 wagon that was at Springfield in June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the owner of the white '62/'63 Lark R2 wagon that was at Springfield in June

I've been contacted by the editor of Motor Trend magazine. They would like to do an article on a 62/'63 Lark R2 Wagonaire for Motor Trend Classic magazine. I saw the car at Springfield and talked with the owner, but I didn't get his name. Can someone either have the owner contact me (email at brngarage@socal.rr.com or
    call (818-606-0267 or provide me with contact information for him. This looks like a great opportunity for some good Studebaker publicity.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

That's probably Malcolm Berry. Call Phil at Fairborn Studebaker. Phil can put you in touch with Malcolm.

FWIW, his Wagonaire isn't a factory R2 car, he stuffed the engine in there back in the '60's to go drag racing. And kept it up ever since.

Comment

I hope you did not see a '62! We don't want to promote non-factory Cars
      to the Automotive World as "Factory" original, now do we?

We could easily explain the Racing Mirrors, Custom Wheels, Hub Caps and Black Custom striping on this sharp '63, a lot easier than a whole '62!!
      Last edited by StudeRich; 11-29-2011, 03:17 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

i fell in love with Malcom's car the first time I saw it, way back in 2002.
        Jamie McLeod
        Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
        1958 Commander "Christine"
        1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
        1955 Commander Sedan
        1964 Champ
        1960 Lark

Comment

There was a nice black 63 R2 Wagon that just sold on ebay a few weeks ago. That would be a nice candidate as it was a factory R2 wagon. I don't have any POC info on the owner.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Malcolm has contacted me and I have provided him with contact information for Motor Trend. Hope we see his car in the next (quarterly) issue of Motor Trend Classic!
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

If an article is done, it would be nice to have it done on a factory original R1 or R2. There are a few out there. Just my thoughts.........
              Last edited by 58PackardWagon; 11-29-2011, 09:48 PM.

Comment

In that case feel free to contact them, I guess they haven't been able to locate any.
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

With the history that this car has, and the pictures, I think it's a great idea!

Comment

Working...
                  X