# 331

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # 331

My lark came off the factory floor as # 331 in 1960 what is yours?

mine is:

60S F4

here are a few early F4 cars

Last edited by allstateguy; 11-29-2011, 06:16 AM. Reason: add stuff
    sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Are you guys going by SERIAL NUMBER or Body Tag number? Body tags are misleading as far as sequence of production. And even at that, there's different sequences of output for V8s and 6 cylinder models. I'm not sure one COULD establish just where your car stood in the overall mix that came off the production line.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hi Bob,
        I think we are just having fun batting around a Lark registry possibility. F4s4ever?
        But I'm guessing you are pointing out that body tag numbers have little to do with birth order?
        sigpic
        JohnP, driving & reviving
        60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Yeah - just pointing out a "technicallity" - not trying to spoil anyone's fun. Heck, if you go by serial numbers, you also have to figure in that V8 & 6cyl HAWK serial numbers would be right in the sequence of numbers that Larks wore too.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The Body number really does not mean anything as far as where in the sequence the CAR was built.
            The best way to tell that would be to order the Production Order and get the "Line Number" and date built.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

some bad boy status there I got to say. I hope I am going to be in the shadows somewhere someday lol
              Originally posted by allstateguy View Post
              mine is:

60S F4

here are a few early F4 cars

Comment

Working...
              X