49 2R-10 Gas Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49 2R-10 Gas Tank

I recently dragged a 49 pickup out of a field. It's complete but the gas tank is shot, as in the whole top of it is rusted away. Does anybody have a tank for it or has anybody found a substitute tank or fuel cell to replace it in the original location with some modifications?

Bill Nixon

I also have a '49 2R10. My tank is in good shape. I am considering changing it to something else or at least flipping it around to the other side because my ne power brake and dual pot MC are too long and intrude into the fuel tank space. The big hump that fits up under the seat will make it hard to turn around, it will have to sit alot lower.

I may be looking for an aftermarket one myself, if I do I will sell you mine or at least let you know what I found. I kind of want to take the filler out of the cab, never been a fan of fuel inside of a truck cab.

The good thing is that you actually have alot of room around there.

Comment

Here is a place that has all kinds of tanks. the 15 gal, 30" x 12" x 12" may fit under there.

JustGasTanks is your source for aftermarket gas tanks for dirt bikes, atvs, motorcycles, cars, trucks, boats, & more. Enjoy free shipping on orders over $200!

Comment

Thanks, let me know if you want to sell yours and what want for it. I'm not in a hurry as the truck has a long way too go before it's roadworthy

Comment

I will keep you in mind. I will be making a deciscion probably this week or next on how I want to proceed.

My first attempt will be to see if I can flip it around and use it on the passenger side, but that will make it hang substatially down because of its shape. Second possibliity would be investigate if I could make a small indentation in it for the MC to clear { I wont actually dent it unless I am confident it will work. Third will be to buy a prebuilt tank and make it fit. Then I will be happy to get you this one. Where are you at? Oops I just saw-Ga....big shipping there. At least it is not heavy, just bulky.

I am pretty sure any C-cab tank will work, although a 2R5,6,7 with the shorter 112" wheel base MAY have a smaller tank, not positive on that though. I do believe any 122" or 121" tanks will work.

You may check in with Bob K. aka Roscomacaw. He has a truck he is parting out, not sure if it has a tank or not, but it may. HEY BOB ....GOT YOUR EARS ON GOOD BUDDY. lol

Comment

I have a decent truck tank left...

Comment

Please email me at wrnixon@att.net regarding the spare tank you have.

Thanks,

Bill

Comment

Kmac, thanks for your help.

Bill

Comment

If Rebel has one for you, go for it. I dont what I have helped with, but you are welcome.

Comment

Thanks, everybody, for your help. I'm fairly new to the forum but have been an SDC member since 1963 except for a short hiatus for 3 years in the late 70's and have had over 45 Studes since I was 13.

Comment

Working...
                    X