Got a toy '40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a toy '40

This came in the mail today. On the bottom it says it's a 43rd Ave. model. This was only the second model I've ever seen of a '40 Studebaker at all. I know Schrock made them for a while, but I could never track one down. This one is a 1:43rd scale.
    Chris Dresbach

Shrock's site http://www.shrockbrothers.com/43rd_scale.html indicates they made a '40 boat tail speedster model in 1:43 based on their custom creation.

The quality of your model certainly appears to be Shrock. Don't know anyone else who made this quality in this scale. Why no mention on their site?
    They did make it in 1:72.

Last edited by rockne10; 11-25-2011, 08:20 PM.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Well youngster!...that makes two toy 40's for you. Only.... one happens to be bigger!
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

When I was a kid I had a 1939-42? Champion. Pot metal. I think it was a coupe. That would be back in the early 1950's. Have never seen one since then. Would like to add it to my collection. Also had a 1954-55? tin model of a coupe that was made in Japan. It was a present when I was 12 (would have been in 1958). Have also never seen this model anywhere and I have been watching \ebay for a long time.

Would anyone have recollection of this models? Sure would like to see a picture of them again.

T-cab

Comment

Great model!!!
          1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

This is a 43rd Avenue model made in England. They are very similar to a 1:43rd scale Brooklin model in construction. For the size, I can't believe the detail it has. Everything that I can see on the dash is identical to the real one outside, all the trim, grille, headlights, bumbers, tail lights, the trunk handle, all match up to the real one. And it's HEAVY. They put a lot of metal into those models! This is the only 1:43rd I have, so I'm still impressed by it.
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Beside the illustrated green 1/43rd Ave belong to Chris circa 2001 there is also a combination of dark blue with a silver top according to Jim Geary's "Toy Treasures" of 2004. He also lists a circa 2002 in yellow.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
              X