I guess Studebaker was closer than I thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess Studebaker was closer than I thought

Bob Johnstone posted a list of Studebaker Dealers in an earlier post and I looked at the list for any in Bay City, Mi. There was a listing for, Baxter & Rexer Auto Sales 518-520 Washington Ave.

That address was rather familiar so I Google Earthed it and I'll be durned. My father-in-law owned that building in the 60'-and 70's, as it housed his auto parts business, Hanks Auto Parts.

He passed in 1972 but I used to take time off and run the store for a week or two every year so he could have a vacation. A great guy although he probably wished better for his daughter.

So now I ask "How many of you on the forum have run a Studebaker Dealership?" Well, at least an ex-dealership.

That will certainly look impressive on my resume and you'all need to show a little more respect.

Bob

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
    ......... and you'all need to show a little more respect.

Bob
    Sure!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

So did you ever check the attic? Who knows what treasures were left behind.

Comment

I worked for an AMC dealer in the mid 1970's that was a former Studebaker Dealer. I looked all over the place for Studebaker stuff. The new owners told me that it had all been dumped!!!!!!!!!!
        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Could you post a picture?
          \"Life is short, write in pen\"

Comment

Working...
          X