What are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these?

I bought these with some other Studebaker parts and have no idea what they are or what they fit. Any clues? Thanks again!

They go in 1953 grills. There are lefts and rights.
    Sorry I posted some incorrect information.
    I have edited the incorrect info.
    Last edited by Gary1953; 11-21-2011, 06:48 PM.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
      They go in 1953 grills. There are lefts and rights. Coupes and hardtops different than sedans.
      Do they have any value in this condition, as cores? Thanks!
      Last edited by carussell; 11-21-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
        They go in 1953 grills. There are lefts and rights. Coupes and hardtops different than sedans.
        I thought the 53's were the same for C-K's and sedans. What's the difference? I know 54's are different between the C-K and sedan.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Definitely not, Jerry. Sedans are more upright. Someone posted measurements here one time. Really helpful when out shopping or swapping. 'Course doesn't help me since I don't have them with me...

Now, what I thought was that the grille BARS were the same between C/K amd sedans. Some one help us here...
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I found these numbers cast into the underside near the lamp socket(s): CB21997 / 297563 and CB21998 / 297562. Does that help?

Comment

'53 grill bars (inserts). They will fit either C/K or sedans. The '53 and '54 grill shells/surrounds are the parts that are different for C/K vs sedan. '54 grill bars with the fins on them ARE different for C/K vs sedan.

'53:

Grill bars -- fit all cars
              Grill shells -- different for C/K vs sedan

'54:

Grill bars --different for C/K vs sedan
              Grill shells -- different for C/K vs sedan

I once posted a sketch of the height of the C/K vs sedan shells to tell them apart. The sedan ones of those are taller.

HTH

Jeff in ND

Comment

Jeff has it correct.
                I am always looking for good platable 53-54 grill shells & bars, so let me know what you want for them.

Comment

Don't throw them out, someone will want them. Many prefer them to the '54s when building a modified. They have a cleaner, uncluttered look.
                  Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
                    Jeff has it correct.
                    I am always looking for good platable 53-54 grill shells & bars, so let me know what you want for them.
                    I am looking for good belt-line trim for my '57 Hawk, both sides. Shoot me a message with e-mail address. I have other stuff like this as well (just acquired).
                    Last edited by carussell; 11-21-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1954khardtop View Post
                      Don't throw them out, someone will want them. Many prefer them to the '54s when building a modified. They have a cleaner, uncluttered look.
                      I throw nothing out and I can prove it!

Comment

Well they are old and rusty and not worth much....but, I would take them off you hands to help clean up your garage???????????????

Just kidding!
                        What is the bidding up to?
                        Brian
                        Brian Woods
                        woodysrods@shaw.ca
                        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                          Definitely not, Jerry. Sedans are more upright. Someone posted measurements here one time. Really helpful when out shopping or swapping. 'Course doesn't help me since I don't have them with me...

Now, what I thought was that the grille BARS were the same between C/K amd sedans. Some one help us here...
                          But this discussion is about grill bars, not grill surrounds.
                          Jerry Forrester
                          Forrester's Chrome
                          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Yes, you're right. I was also trying to correct info from another post that has since been edited, so we're getting all disconbobulated now...
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                            X