Looking for a 1964 Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 1964 Cruiser

I am looking for a 1964 Cruiser for a daily driver. Must have good paint and interior as being mechanically sound. Color unimportant. Have a really nice 60 Lark VIII to trade. The pic of my car is my profile picture. I am located in southern Ohio. Thanks!

This one is equipped so similarily to Pat Drnec's old car that I thought it might be the same one. If so, I'm sure Pat or JDP Pat will confirm:

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

There was a real nice 64 Cruiser at reedsville forsale....$8500 and it was well worth it. I haven't a picture or the fellas name who owns it but i'm sure someone will chime in here and let us know.
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
        There was a real nice 64 Cruiser at reedsville forsale....$8500 and it was well worth it. I haven't a picture or the fellas name who owns it but i'm sure someone will chime in here and let us know.
        I wasn't there, but I'd bet that was Rob Reese's car. He's a Forum member, but I have an email address for him if he doesn't reply.

Comment

Yes it is Rob's car,pretty nice overall and has factory air.and not sure but may have had numerous n.o.s. parts/panals put on ?,Matt you should give Rob a heads up on this !
          Originally posted by mbstude View Post
          I wasn't there, but I'd bet that was Rob Reese's car. He's a Forum member, but I have an email address for him if he doesn't reply.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
            Yes it is Rob's car,pretty nice overall and has factory air.and not sure but may have had numerous n.o.s. parts/panals put on ?,Matt you should give Rob a heads up on this !
            If that is the one at Reedsville he said he put in quite a few NOS parts. He and his father had worked on the car. It looked really good he did not say if he was interested in trades.
            sigpic
            55 President Deluxe
            64 Commander
            66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Yes that was my '64 Cruiser that I DROVE to the STUDEBAKER meet! Round trip of about 350 miles w/going down to Max's which was a k/a time again! Thanks to Max & Will for the meet. As for the Cruiser I'd say it's loaded for the year-Factory A/C, tinted glass ,289,4 bbl,duals,headrests & belts.
              PM me I can email pics if interested. I do not want to trade a car. Since my Dad died 2 years ago I need to thin things out a bit. Thanks. Rob in PA.

Comment

Here are some photos:

Comment

Great car, I love the 64s.
                  63 Avanti R1 2788
                  1914 Stutz Bearcat
                  (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

It looks like Rob's Car is a real Honey! The wide pleated all Vinyl Cruiser interior is beautiful and with a split bench seat, is really quite rare even in Brown.

The other car now on ebay, may be an excellent buy however.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      It looks like Rob's Car is a real Honey! The wide pleated all Vinyl Cruiser interior is beautiful and with a split bench seat, is really quite rare even in Brown.
                      Rob explained once that he has all the buttons that would normally be in the seat bottoms and lean-backs but did not have the heart to punch holes in the NOS seat covers to install them.

There was an NOS cloth cruiser interior at Reedsville for $450 (IIRC).

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                        There was an NOS cloth cruiser interior at Reedsville for $450 (IIRC).
                        Do you know who the seller was? If it's brown I could really use it for my cruiser.

Thanks,
                        Joe
                        sigpic

1962 Daytona
                        1964 Cruiser
                        And a few others

Comment

I do not know who it was, but maybe someone else can help. Here is a photo taken by another attendee of the person's items on display.

Comment

That was Barney Meidenbauer from Bliss NY
                            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I Agree! Those button holes are exactly where my car's original covers began to fail.

"Rob explained once that he has all the buttons that would normally be in the seat bottoms and lean-backs but did not have the heart to punch holes in the NOS seat covers to install them."

Comment

Working...
                              X