Forgotten Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten Studes

Last week my wife heard a customer mention Studebakers at her work at Auto Club. She is such a doll, called me with the womans phone number & address. I called yesterday & made arrangements to visit sometime this week. Her late husband had a small collection of Studebakers, a Packard & a Jaguar that is sitting in the garage with no wheels on it. Her sons have no intention of selling anything but are having trouble with one of the Studes, so I will be there to offer whatever assistance I can give. She didnt know what years anything was but mentioned that one is a "Sky Hawk", so if it is, at least that one is a 56 for sure.

I'm happy not only to know there are others not far from me here, but to have such a loving wife to look out for me!
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Cool beans, Warren. Keep us posted. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Nice story, Your wife is awesome. That is an example of a small automotive community, and a great guy like you being a part of it. Nice job my brother.

Comment

You're a good man, Warren. (Be sure and take pix!)

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes Pics, we want pics :-)
          The Blog: http://dutchstuderesto.wordpress.com

Comment

Well, today I finally went to see the cars. In this great garage over in the left rear corner sat a white 56 Sky Hawk with a continental kit on the back. Other than a flat r/f tire & a good cleaning it looked really nice. Out back the cars weren't as fortunate. A restorable 57 Silver Hawk sat in front of a 59 Lark 4 door. I forgot to notice if it was a Regal or not, but my gut tells me it wasnt, although it was V-8. The final car was the body shell & frame of a 60 Lark 2 door hardtop. Interior gone along with the engine, trans & entire front end sheet metal. An early (60's??) Jag 4 door sat sans wheels by a 52(?) Packard 2 door sedan. I didnt take any pictures as the widow wasnt sure what her boys want to do with them, but I offered my help in getting them running or selling them if they choose.
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

You are a good man Warren. I got your message last night. It was a bit late to call you back, sorry. I will call you this morning after I have a cup of coffee, lol. I am junk before my coffee.

Is the '59 Lark very bad? When you say "restoreable" is that paint and interior, tires and brakes? Or is that full panel replacements and all glass....?

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
                >>>I'm happy not only to know there are others not far from me here, but to have such a loving wife to look out for me!
                $$$ WARNING: WARREN $$$

Beware of "loving wives" bearing news of "Sky Hawks!"HER! OUCH$$$
                Last edited by Welcome; 12-01-2011, 09:09 AM.

Comment

The 59 is weathered from sitting out behind the garage exposed to the Perris sun. I dont know if her sons had tried to get it started or not so the condition of the engine is unknown. Same goes for the 57 Silver Hawk sitting bumper to bumper with the 59.
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Warren,
                    You are indeed a lucky guy !

Comment

Working...
                    X