Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Webber with no tools! An alien sight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Webber with no tools! An alien sight!

For a couple of decades Dan has vended tools, literature and fiberglass Lark fenders at our swap meets.
    Today at Reedsville someone made an offer on all the tools.
    Get used to this picture:

Dan plans on keeping a couple hub pullers in stock but, think about how much easier it will be to pack and haul to swap meets!
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

He used to carry several pairs of custom boots. I guess he sold all of those at some point......
    David

Comment

I bought a nice old hub puller from him at York in 2006. I think it was a Snap-On. Dan's a great guy.

Charles

Comment

I too got a hub puller from him many, many years ago at York. His tables were always fun to browse through. Usually some unusual tool or other "thingy" could be found amongst his stuff.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by dak63R1 View Post
          He used to carry several pairs of custom boots. I guess he sold all of those at some point......
          Studebaker boots?
          Are those like Harley boots? or Catapillar boots?
          I am kidding of course. Boots like spark plug boots? Convertible top cover boots?

Comment

Reminds me of an old Dan Webber "tool story". Probably 30 years ago I was riding with Dan down a back road in Pennsylvania when he suddenly made a screeching stop. He addressed my puzzled stare with "that was a 9/16 end wrench back there". We got out and walked back a little way a sure enough, there was a 9/16 end wrench lying at the side of the road.
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Used cowboy/western boots made of exotic skins i.e. lizard, alligator, etc.
              He had quite a few pairs and was aways looking for more.............
              David

Comment

Working...
              X