This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Question

Their used to be an ad that ran in Turning Wheels from a title company in I beleive Alabama that helped you obtain a new title with a bill of sale. Does anyone know anything good or bad about this company? (I bought a trailer through a legal auction and the auction company can't come up with the title. Long story short, since the trailer legaly belongs to me, I figured it might be ok to use a title company to get a title instead of going through the red tape to get a title to a trailer I already own). cookeville3463@yahoo.com

It is Broadway Title (http://www.broadwaytitle.com/) and I think they still advertise in Hemmings.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

It is Broadway Title (http://www.broadwaytitle.com/) and I think they still advertise in Hemmings.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I know in my state you don't need a title for a trailer and a lot of trailers don't even have one. I bought a new car trailer some years ago and all I got was some sort of certificate from the manufaturer and a bill of sale from the seller and that was enough to license it.
        Check with your DMV.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I know in my state you don't need a title for a trailer and a lot of trailers don't even have one. I bought a new car trailer some years ago and all I got was some sort of certificate from the manufaturer and a bill of sale from the seller and that was enough to license it.
          Check with your DMV.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I think you are thinking of Broadway Title. I had to use them to title my never-previously-registered '62 Daytona and there was no problem.

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I think you are thinking of Broadway Title. I had to use them to title my never-previously-registered '62 Daytona and there was no problem.

nate

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              --
              55 Commander Starlight
              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Check with your DMV.
                A new car or trailer is different than a used unit that has been previously owned/titled. For new, the manufacturer's certificate of origin is what is used to get the initial title. Usually, the dealership handles this and the buyer never sees it.

Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY
                1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Check with your DMV.
                  A new car or trailer is different than a used unit that has been previously owned/titled. For new, the manufacturer's certificate of origin is what is used to get the initial title. Usually, the dealership handles this and the buyer never sees it.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

A word of caution. I have heard and read that an increasing number of states are no longer accepting titles from Broadway Title.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

A word of caution. I have heard and read that an increasing number of states are no longer accepting titles from Broadway Title.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                      X