PDA

View Full Version : studebaker truck

jo jo
11-16-2011, 12:17 PM
found studebaker truck on property we just purchased in ligonier pa...it is in total junk state what do i do with it?

2R5
11-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Bring it to Reedsville this weekend and sell it !
....really what type is it and do you have any pictures?

wolfie
11-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Bring it to Reedsville this weekend and sell it !
....really what type is it and do you have any pictures?

Hi and welcome to the forum. Thanks for taking the time to find us before relegating the truck to scrap. As 2R5 says pics would give us a better idea of where to steer you regarding the truck. There may be a few parts that some here need. thanks, Steve

kmac530
11-16-2011, 12:38 PM
As has been stated, welcome, and thanks for spending the time and effort to contact us and give someone the chance to find some odball part.

Definately post some pics so we can get the idea of what you have and what it is worth, or not.

Skip Lackie
11-16-2011, 03:12 PM
If pix too difficult to take, maybe you can find the model number, either on the seat riser on the driver's side or maybe on the door hinge pillar. There are a lot of Stude people in Penna, and there's likely to be someone who will be glad to take it off your hands (and property).

woodysrods
11-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Welcome to the Forum!
To help us without a picture....does it look like the red (Champ) truck in the above post. Or the Black (M Series) truck as my signature picture in this post?
We can tell you what you have from your answer.
Good Roads
Brian

Roscomacaw
11-17-2011, 09:42 AM
If I might, I'd like to chime in with this observation: I'm my 38 years of Studebakering, I've come to realize that there's as many assessment of junk (or conversly, "great") condition of old vehicles as there is pair of eyes. You obiviously thought enough of what you've found to ask advice about it rather than summarily sending it to the scrap heap. Not everyone would do that. While as a whole, it may well be beyond the idea of restoration, it could be a source of salvageable parts for a vehicle that can, or is, being brought back to life.
Of course, photos would be nice, but in lieu of that, if you can get the driver's door open, look at the door jambs or just below the end of the seat cushion - see if you can find any ID tags and copy whatever is stamped or painted on those tags. That'll give us a better idea of just what you've discovered.