Reference book(s) recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference book(s) recommendation

I am trtying to identify a couple of good reference books for Studebake cars/engines from the mid-fiftys to the end. Have "picture books", but really looking for more technical information. Any suggestions? Thanks, CarCrosswordDan

Only thing which comes to mind are the Studebaker publications by Dick Datson. They're CASO period-correct. Just don't try any of the recommendations therein until verified by three experienced members here.

Put out a WTB here and someone may pass them on to you.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

There are a bunch on Amazon, I have a few saved in my wish list for later. The first 5 books I saved are ;

Studebaker: The Complete History
      More Than They Promised: The Studebaker Story
      Studebaker Ultimate Portfolio: 1946-1966
      Studebaker 1946-1966: The Classic Postwar Years
      Studebaker Cars (Crestline)

Asking the experienced members if they have any of these books and if they think they are good for reference?
      I hope this will answers your question and mine.

Troy

Comment

Originally posted by CarCrosswordDan View Post
        I am trtying to identify a couple of good reference books for Studebake cars/engines from the mid-fiftys to the end. Have "picture books", but really looking for more technical information. Any suggestions? Thanks, CarCrosswordDan
        Possibly the "Monographs" compiled by the Studebaker National Museum/Archives may be what you are looking for. There are currently at least 18 different ones available covering various 50's & 60's Studebakers. They are available through the SNM website and through SI's 2011 Holiday Gift Guide.

Comment

I find "The CompleteStory" to be one of the best books on Studebakers
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Studebaker: The Complete Story by William A Cannon and Fred K Fox and Studebaker: The Postwar Years by Richard M Langworth are the two best books you'll find. AFIK they are both currently out of print but you can try Amazon or Ebay.
            R2Andrea

Comment

Working...
            X