Most Desirable Year GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Desirable Year GT?

I know from the production numbers, more 1962s were sold than 63 & 64 combined. Today however, excluding those with R series engines, which would likely be the most desirable year GT?

Joe H

1964 because it was the most refined model and has the lowest production besides being close to the end of the line for the marque.

Comment

If I had the money (and desire) to buy a GT Hawk, I'd have to get a '64. The overall styling and interior is better in my opinion.

Comment

For me, It would have to have AC and disc brakes from the factory.

Comment

I vote 64 for sure,just so happens I have a 64.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I prefer the 63. 62 is just not quite there... like it was picked before it was ripe. 64 seems like it's a little overdone on the front end. 63 is perfect ! and just so happens, I have a 63.
            Neil Thornton

Comment

I'm with most everyone else on the '64's. But I wouldn't pass up a nice '63; especially of one of those 18 or so Hamilton-assembled R2's appeared.

Craig

Comment

I like the clean sleek lines of the '62. I would like to have the refinements of a '64 with the front styling of the '62.

By the way, I don't have a Hawk now, so if you have one that you're stubbing your toe on, you are welcome to drop it by at any time.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

1964 by a long shot. Like someone mentioned, it is the most refined of that design. The interior is slightly nicer, trunk lid is a big improvement. It just comes together magnificently.

Comment

Can someone describe what the differences are?

I pulled up some pics from bing images and they look so much the same, but the pics are small, so direct me where I should look for the differences.

Comment

Though there are lots of subtle differences,the trunk is probably the most obvious. You can distinguish a 64 from 62-63 a half mile away from the rear, but to distinguish 62 from 63 from the rear you gotta get a lot closer.

Comment

Along with the other changes for 64,the Daytona wheel covers really set the looks off nicely.
                        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

'63 of course, just like my avatar
                          Mark Riesch
                          New Bern, NC

Comment

Originally posted by kmac530 View Post
                            Can someone describe what the differences are?

I pulled up some pics from bing images and they look so much the same, but the pics are small, so direct me where I should look for the differences.
                            Look closely at the side grilles. each year is different.
                            Neil Thornton

Comment

There is a nice 1964 on EBAY right now. It won't last long.

Comment

Working...
                              X