• Show
Clear All

• Eye Candy 11/13/11: 50 Champion Business Coupe

SB ZM, 2009...

S.

Beautiful !!!!

But isn't today the 14th?

Comment

Really nice looking car. The 50 our family had when I was small was the same color.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Yep, today's the 14th; wasn't online yesterday so did two at once...today's is a 62 Lark ratrod.

S.

Comment

Hey I got something right for a change. Even if was only a date.

Comment

You know - that's a beautiful car. I love the bullet-nosed Biz coupes. But WHY do folks mess up these pretty cars with those ghastly-lookin' over-riders above the bumpers??? Can't you just imagine the designers sculpting these cars when they were in the design stage, and cxommenting to one another: "Boy, this thing'll be flat gorgeous once we devise the guards and over-riders for a "finishing touch!"

Truth is, I'll bet the likes of Bourke, Exner and whoever likely lost their lunch when they first laid eyes on all that junque added on!
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I love those overriders.

Comment

Hmmm whats an overrider????

Comment

You're serious, Alan??? It's those hideous-looking bits of chromed plumbing that arch up over the bumpers. A supposed protection if someone over-rides the bumper. They just destroy the styling of the cars by interfereing with their lines. Bourke and Loewy flinch in their graves when a Stude owner hangs that stuff on a Stude. Heck, I don't recall ever seeing a styling clay with so much as bumper guards on it. Blasphemy!
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Nice car. One of my favorite models.
                    Good Roads
                    Brian
                    Brian Woods
                    woodysrods@shaw.ca
                    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I am with Bob, not a fan. You rarely if ever see a concept car with big overriders and push bars or nerf bar stuff.

I get someone wanting ALL of the options for a collector car or show car, but not EVERY option is beautiful or neccesary. Sometimes it gets overwhelming on some cars when EVERY piece of chrome and SS yu could buy it stuck on it....

Comment

I agree about not liking the over-riders on a bulletnose. They were included on my 51 Land Cruiser but I plan to take them off to show off my car's happy grin.

Jim
                        \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                        Jim Mann
                        Victoria, B.C.
                        Canada

Comment

Just checking your blood presure Bob,Allen

Comment

Alan,
                            Is the center section on your over rider upside down? I would think the center rounded section would curve down and follow the bullit nose section?
                            Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO

Comment

How long has it been since you saw someone ease up behind a stalled car with their car and push it to get it out of the road or start it? Those bumpers used to be for more than looks. In this day of plastic bumpers and automatic transmissions no one dares push a car with their's.
                              "In the heart of Arkansas."
                              Searcy, Arkansas
                              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
                              X