George Jones sings about the 50,000 names on the wall, Viet Nam Memorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Jones sings about the 50,000 names on the wall, Viet Nam Memorial

A little late for Veterans Day, but kind of special to me personally (unfortunately, I know quite a few of those names). Scroll down through the pictures to follow the words that George Jones sings.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Excellent! Thanks for your service Paul, and all Veterans.

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

There are over 58,000 names on the Vietnam Memorial Wall. I have visited the Memorial Wall once and in Altoona Pa at the Vets Hospital they have a replica wall there.

53K I feel very sad that you know some of the persons names on the wall as many of us Nam Vets do.

I served in Chu Lia from August 1969 through August 1970.

WELCOME HOME PAUL

John S.
      Last edited by Packard53; 11-14-2011, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Packard53 View Post
        Three are over 58,000 names on the Vietnam Memorial Wall. I have visited the Memorial Wall once and in Altoona Pa at the Vets Hospital they all a replica wall there.

53K I feel very sad that you know some of the persons names on the wall as many of us Nam Vets do.

I served in Chu Lia from August 1969 through August 1970.

WELCOME HOME PAUL
        John S.
        Thanks. As you well know, we weren't very welcome back then. I went back to the San Francisco Bay Area, hotbed of anti-war sentiment.
        I was in DaNang six months and in Tan My (near Hue) six months, Dec 1967- December 1968.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I came of age to be drafted near the end when the draft was a lottery by birthdate. My number was high and I wasn't called. I remember the casualty reports in the evening news each day. And I remember how returning soldiers were treated so horribly. Not like heroes they were. They deserved parades not to be spit upon. A soldier takes an oath to obey orders and it is not their decision where they fight or whether they agree with the war. I really think our country has progressed along those lines. Even in an unpopular war we seem to support and respect the warrior. It is a change for good I believe. I have seen a traveling wall. It is a numbing experience.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X