Long Day. To Fla. and back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Day. To Fla. and back.

Miss Edie, Josh,and I loaded up in the Night Runner this morning before daylight and headed south. We have been so busy the past few weeks that we didn't have time to get a Studebaker for the meet but wanted to go and see everyone anyway.
    We found the host hotel at Lake Mary about 10:30 am. As soon as we stopped Edie and Josh said they were going to find some facilitys. I said "I'm gonna se if I can find someone I know."
    As soon as I stepped out of the Truck I heard someone shout"Hey Neil" I turned to see Ken Lawson waving at me. And it went on from there.
    The show was on the small side for a Florida state meet. Only 40 or so cars there. But they were beautiful!! The weather was great. When we left Ga. the temp. was 26 o. When we got to Lake Mary, We were soon in short sleeves.
    Saw lots of old friends, Hugged some pretty Ladies, petted some pooches, enjoyed some great old Studebakers, and found a few treasures.

Since we were on a tight scedule, we left about 3:00 pm and headed home. Made a quick stop in Daytona for an errand. Toured downtown J'Ville, to show Josh the old Studebaker Dealership,stopped in Callaghan for supper, then came on home. Got in "bout 10:30. Ready for bed.
    Neil Thornton
Working...
X