Horn button for Frosty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn button for Frosty

About a year ago I restored the horn button for Frosty (the 1955 Commander Deluxe Studebaker formally known as Rustobaker).
    Cleaned all the paint off the backside, repainted it and re-chromed the ring. then I put it up so it wouldn't get lost. I hid it well. I've looked for it for two weeks now and have not been able to locate it. Do any of you kind gentlemen have an extra? I also need the base that the button twist's onto.
    Here's a pic of the one I need.
    Attached Files
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Oh that stinks. Sorry I dont have one, but I thought I would say sorry.

Comment

I might have one. I'll have to check.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
        I might have one. I'll have to check.
        Bob, you were the exact gentleman I had in mind as I was typing that request. Thanks.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Now if Bob is willing to open his Curio cabinet and part with it...hopefully he has 2 so he will not have an empty spot in the glass case or the coffe table.

Comment

Jerry,

I've got 5 or 6 boxes of horn buttons - alot of which are Brand X stuff. The LAST one I thought to look yielded this button here. The metallic gold is actually nicer than the one in my display, but the plastic has a bit more crazing, so this one's an extra.
            SI has had the red-colored edition of these all along (NOS) Part# 533224 I looked for it in the new catalog, but it's not there. However, if you look it up online, it still comes up, albeit with a heftier price. I only offer this info in case you want one without crazing to use or to recolor. I'd be happy to part with this old one if that's what you want to do.
            Attached Files
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
              ...... I put it up so it wouldn't get lost. I hid it well. I've looked for it for two weeks now and have not been able to locate it........

Boy...am I glad you posted this! I thought I was the only one with such talent for misplacing stuff. You will find yours only after buying another and when looking for something else.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Yeah - at our age, (at least in my case) I keep making these great finds all the time. Stuff I bought and stashed and completely forgot I have! Cheap, perpetual thrills!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                  Jerry, I'd be happy to part with this old one if that's what you want to do.
                  I was hoping you would come through Bob. I knew that the odds were in my favor that you would.
                  Please send it to 3990 Bankhead Hwy, Douglasville, Ga. 30134. USPS Priority Mail would be great.
                  Put a note in with it as to how much I need to send you.
                  thanks, Jerry
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Will do. Leaves here tomorrow.

Comment

Jerry, I sent you a pm.I have a n.o.s. one that that I think matches yours.
                      Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
                      About a year ago I restored the horn button for Frosty (the 1955 Commander Deluxe Studebaker formally known as Rustobaker).
                      Cleaned all the paint off the backside, repainted it and re-chromed the ring. then I put it up so it wouldn't get lost. I hid it well. I've looked for it for two weeks now and have not been able to locate it. Do any of you kind gentlemen have an extra? I also need the base that the button twist's onto.
                      Here's a pic of the one I need.
                      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thanks Joe, but I think Bob has got it handled
                        Jerry Forrester
                        Forrester's Chrome
                        Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Gee Jerry I kinda liked the name Rustobaker.

Comment

Working...
                          X