Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

something I picked up today--red line GT tach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something I picked up today--red line GT tach.

today when going through the new 63's I will be bring home I found a red line GT hawk tach, it had been used in the black 63 hardtop with a 63-64 chrome tach bezel, the bezel cleaned up so-so and the tach has some rust around the black bezel but the face and glass is still rather nice and the needle moves easy, some one has remover the bezel at one time but did not bend it all up it can be cleaned and painted or just change with a better one, I plan on putting it up on e-bay but if a forum member is interested in it let me know, here is a picture or two of it.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Bob, that is a 1963 Lark tacho, far rarer and probably worth more than a regular GT Hawk tacho.

Chris.

Comment

PM sent Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
        Bob, that is a 1963 Lark tacho, far rarer and probably worth more than a regular GT Hawk tacho.

Chris.
        Are you sure Chris? I have never seen one like this used on the larks, but so far yesterday was a pretty good Studebaker day.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Yes Bob. That fits the 63 Larks.

Comment

Yep, the type of needle or pointer is the give away.

But not all R-series equiped 1963 Larks had this type. Some of the early cars had the same tacho as used on Avantis.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
            X