• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics of Powder coating I recently did. { Chrome look}

Click image for larger version

Name:	breather 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	1734337This is a breather I recently did. It is so close to chrome, Take a lookClick image for larger version

Name:	breather 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	1734336

That sure looks good !
    Now what price would you put on an item like that ?
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

So do you then do a clear coat over it? Question I have is how will it hold up. I have a item that I had powder coated a few years ago with a "chrome" powder coat.
      I had been told by others to have it cleared once the chrome powder coat had been done, but the guy that did it for me said it wasn't necessary. It has turned to a gray color over time and is now nowhere near chrome looking. Not saying your chrome powder coat is the same stuff or will change color with time just wondering.
      Hopefully they have made advances in the powder in the last 4 years.
      TDITS The Dude In The Stude

Comment

This is a brand new powder. It just came out this week so I have no track record on it but I do clear powder coat and I expect it to last a long time. After I do a few with this new chrome powder I can have a better feel for it staying bright. I know the other powder is very durable. I have a yellow that is exactly the color of valve covers and breathers on the 259. The price on this kind of breather is $60 if i have to media blast and $45 if it is already clean. That is plus return shipping.
        The turn around is about a week after I get it. Thanks for your interest. Tom

Comment

How much for a pair of valve covers?
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Can you do plastic? The reason I ask is about the louvers in the 1965/66 under dash air conditioning. They are not reproducing these.........yet.

Mark

Comment

Valve covers are $30 a piece plus return shipping if they need media blasted. No on plastic. The oven gets too hot. Thanks for your interest.

Comment

Working...
              X